Mock Draft Websites

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
dcz28

hiramnicak wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:38 pm
dcz28 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:59 pm
Murmansk16A wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:26 pm

EliteProspects has Lekkerimaki listed as a LW. Which reminds me of what Draper said about not drafting Eklund last year: "He's a 5'10" winger."

Of course, that's a pretty good description of Lucas Raymond, too. And Lekkerimaki.
Just watched a video of Lekkerimaki and he was playing wing. Good speed, hands and IQ but his shot might need some work.

His shot is kind of his calling card, but I think he’s a better playmaker than he gets credit. He’s been rising on boards quite a bit. I like him for that 8-12 range where we’re picking. There’s a good chance Lambert is still on the board as well. You never know… this site keeps putting Jiricek and Geekie in our range, but I feel strongly that they’ll both be gone.
My opinion was strictly based on this video since this was the first time watching him play that i know of. He seemed to miss the net a lot or took too long to shoot. I liked everything else about how he plays. Has good speed, good vision, good playmaking ability, quick to change direction to create space and seemed to be hard to knock off the puck. But again my opinion is all from this short video so i might be off. Wings do need a center really bad but we don't know what Yzerman has planned. He ends up signing Hertl /Trocheck or trades for a 2nd line center we didn't know was available and that need isn't as big anymore. If a winger is the BPA then i guess i'll trust he knows what he is doing but if he doesn't sign or trade for a good center soon, they will be wasting prime years of a couple of players. Wings need that and the left side of the defense fixed to take another step forward.

Lambert will likely still be on the board when the Wings pick...wouldn't surprise me to see him fall to the 2nd round just like Raty last draft. He's not producing well at all this season.

hiramnicak

dcz28 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:19 pm
hiramnicak wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:38 pm
dcz28 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:59 pm

Just watched a video of Lekkerimaki and he was playing wing. Good speed, hands and IQ but his shot might need some work.

His shot is kind of his calling card, but I think he’s a better playmaker than he gets credit. He’s been rising on boards quite a bit. I like him for that 8-12 range where we’re picking. There’s a good chance Lambert is still on the board as well. You never know… this site keeps putting Jiricek and Geekie in our range, but I feel strongly that they’ll both be gone.
My opinion was strictly based on this video since this was the first time watching him play that i know of. He seemed to miss the net a lot or took too long to shoot. I liked everything else about how he plays. Has good speed, good vision, good playmaking ability, quick to change direction to create space and seemed to be hard to knock off the puck. But again my opinion is all from this short video so i might be off. Wings do need a center really bad but we don't know what Yzerman has planned. He ends up signing Hertl /Trocheck or trades for a 2nd line center we didn't know was available and that need isn't as big anymore. If a winger is the BPA then i guess i'll trust he knows what he is doing but if he doesn't sign or trade for a good center soon, they will be wasting prime years of a couple of players. Wings need that and the left side of the defense fixed to take another step forward.

Lambert will likely still be on the board when the Wings pick...wouldn't surprise me to see him fall to the 2nd round just like Raty last draft. He's not producing well at all this season.
i hear ya. he's one of the guys i've watched the most this year because i watch quite a bit of SHL hockey, and there are three draft eligible guys that will go pretty high in the draft this year (lekkerimaki, ohgren, ostlund). his shot is really good though. quick release. picks his corners well. not quite on the alexander holtz level, but he's a better shooter than william eklund.
hiramnicak

I backed up a couple picks because I wanted to pick at ninth.

009 CT Frank Nazar
041 LD Owen Pickering
053 CT Luca Del Bel Belluz
073 RW Devin Kaplan
105 RD Jozef William Kmec
125 CT Topi Ronni
128 RD Michael Mastrodomenico
137 CT Markus Vidicek
201 LW Kirill Dolzhenko

The only one of these guys that was gone two picks later was Nazar.
Pop Zeus

11. Conor Geekie/
6'4, 205 C - WHL
52 games 18-40-58
Projects as a big, playmaking forward in the Getzlaf model.

34. Jimmy Snuggerud
6'2, 185 RW, USNTDP
19 games 5-14-19
Goal scoring forward with a pretty complete game

53. Vinzenz Rohrer
5'11 168 RW, OHL (Austrian)
53 games 20-20-40 -11
Not super fast but has high IQ and skill and energy.

75. Arseni Koromyslov
6'3 181 LD, MHL
42 games 4-15-18 +23
Good size, pretty good skater.

106. Noah Warren
6'5, 214, RD, QMJHL
47 games 4-15-19 +16
Not a lot of offensive ability. But he could be a defensive force. Skating needs work.

125. Topias Leinonen
6'5 216 G Finland Jrs
21 games 9-10-0 .916 2.28 (got shelled in 4 Liiga games)
Big Finnish goalie seems like he's a decent bet.

128. Toppi Ronni
6'1 176, Liiga
19 games 2-2-4 (10-18-28 in 29 junior games)
All around forward with good skating/passing.

139. Otto Hokkanen
6'2 187 C/W Liiga
28 games 1-0-1 (6-10-16 in 14 junior games)

203. Tim Almgren
5;10 152 Swedish Jrs
44 games 19-21-40
Small, quick and very young forward.
Pop Zeus

11. Conor Geekie, C
6'3, 172
Canada - WHL
Folks seem split. If he's there at 11, i take him. Not sure if he's Ryan Getzlaf or Kevin Hayes. But either one works.

43. Maverick Lamoureux, D
6'5, 181
Canada - Q
Swing for the fences. Big, fast defenseman.
Very raw. Could easily bust.

53. Artyom Duda, D
6'0 172
Russia - MHL
Two-way defenseman with offensive/skating ability.

75. Aleksander Kaskimaki, C
5'11 174
Finland
HockeyProspect says ranks him very good in all skill departments except passing (just good). For skating (very good speed, very good quickness, good mobility and good balance).

107. Noah Warren, D
6'5 214
Canada - Q
Another huge defenseman. Not the skater or offensive upside that Maverick has. But still.

125. Topias Leinonen, G
6'4 185
Finland
#1 ranked EU goalie. Said to be 6'5 216 now.

128. Topi Ronni, C
6'1 176
Finland
Two-way center with skating and decent size.

139. Otto Hokkanen C
6'2 183
Finland
Another 6'2 forward with speed.

203. Tim Almgren LW
5'10 152
Sweden
Undersized, inconsistent forward with a good shot
hiramnicak

009 LD Pavel Mintyukov
041 LD Owen Pickering
053 CT Luca Del Bel Belluz
073 CT Aleksanteri Kaskimaki
105 RD Jozef William Kmec
125 RD Sam Rinzel
128 CT Topi Ronni
137 RD Michael Mastrodomenico
201 LW Kirill “Elmer Soderblom” Dolzhenkov

I picked up two defensemen ranked ninth and tenth by Hockey Prospect. Both are a little bit chaotic. Fun to watch, but they need to improve their defensive game. Del Bel Belluz and Kaskimaki are kind of vanilla, but they’ve both got decent shots at NHL careers. Kmec and Rinzel are both interesting players. Ronni is pretty underrated if he’s available this late. I like Mastrodomenico’s name. I like Dolzhenkov’s game.

I’ve been intentionally avoiding Geekie and Jiricek because I’m assuming they won’t be available, and I don’t want to get my hopes up. I don’t see any centers in our position either. Lambert, Savoie, Lekkerimaki, Mesar, Nazar, etc. all look like wingers to me. So I drafted a potentially elite LD. We have a ton of LD in the system, but we have nothing in the NHL. With Edvinsson, Mintyukov, Pickering, Buium, Wallinder, and Johansson in our system, a couple of them are bound to hit. The only big piece we’re still missing is that elusive 2C, so I’m going to gamble on getting him in 2023 or trading a couple defense prospects for him (any LD not named Edvinsson is available).

I really like the potential oozing out of this pipeline. We're bound to hit a few of these:

Mintyukov - Seider
Edvinsson - Hronek
Pickering - Lindstrom
Wallinder - Rinzel
Johansson - Tuomisto
Buium - Kmec
Sebrango - Cotton
McIsaac - Plandowski
Viro
Last edited by hiramnicak on Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pop Zeus

Where the fuck is draft pro?
hiramnicak

Pop Zeus wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:10 pm Where the fuck is draft pro?
they said they were waiting for the trade deadline to pass. i'm guessing they're crossing eyes and dotting tees after the chl/nhl top prospects tournament. i suspect it'll be out in the next few days.
hiramnicak

I did a three round run as Arizona because the FC Hockey app is fairly predictable and Arizona have a ton of picks. As awful as it must be to be an Arizona fan, this is going to be a fun draft for them.

02 LC Logan Cooley
31 RD Elias Salomonsson
32 LD Calle Odelius
34 LD Owen Pickering
39 RW Jagger Firkus
41 LD Lian Bichsel
44 RW Jimmy Snuggerud
45 LD Vladimir Grudinin
66 RW Devin Kaplan
hiramnicak

Still waiting on that other draft simulator....3 rounds:

11: LD Lian Bichsel - a 6'5" smooth-skating defenseman with strong two-way game and physical element to his game. Potential top pairing defenseman.
43: LC Paul Ludwinski - a speedy, high motor, 5'11" center with good vision centering the third line of a stacked Kingston lineup. Potential top six center.
53: RW Devin Kaplan - a 6'3" power forward who isn't going to wow you with skill but will camp in front of the net and pounce on loose pucks.
75: RD Sam Rinzel - an intriguing 6'4" offensive defenseman who lit it up in high school before joining the USHL. Buium or Tuomisto? I can't say.