OT: Other sports/music/news, etc

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
Wizard of Corsica

Pop Zeus wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:01 pm
Wizard of Corsica wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:27 am
Pop Zeus wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:35 am Suspect in the horrifying Christmas parade incident today was black.

We don't jump to all kind of conclusions about his motivation based on his skin color, do we? Those that do - we know what they are.

Yet, for months, people in the media and politicians called Rittenhouse a white supremacist.

How have people who purport to be so distraught by racism become cheerleaders for open prejudice?
This shit sells. It's content creation.

No remotely sane person is acting or thinking like you describe. The ones that are, are being recorded, or streamed between commercial messages or on social media.
Really? You don't think people assumed Kyle Rittenhouse was a racist, white supremacist?
Man, the liberals I know here south of Ann Arbor are convinced of it.
Maybe they're making assumptions about Kyle privately, I don't know.

I was speaking more about, I don't know anybody cheerleading for open prejudice, or what have you.

I don't know the nuts and bolts, so I try not to comment too much. I'm still stuck on how we take it as given that 17 year olds can walk around in public openly carrying any gun, much less one that enormous. But I'm an old man and need to get with it clearly.
Last edited by Wizard of Corsica on Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Barbrady

Pop Zeus wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:56 am On Kyle Rittenhouse:
If the dudes he killed were black and not white, would he have been found not-guilty?
Would Kenosha be burning right now?
Whose Lives Matter?
And yeah, I know blacks get railroaded by the justice system as much or more than anyone, and face all kinds of obstacles because of racism.
But Democrats and left identitarians are so trigger-happy on racial issues, I have no doubt that Kenosha would be rioting right now if Rittenhouse had killed two black men and been acquitted.
You'll have your answer depending on the way the Ahmaud Arbery murder trial goes... which was a far more flagrant ordeal than the Rittenhouse situation.
WingFanInA2 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:06 pm A lot of media takes that apparently never watched any part of the trial. KR probably would’ve been found guilty if not for video that confirmed his actions.

But regardless, case had nothing to do with race, despite the need for some to make it about race.
He was a counter-protestor to a Black Lives Matter protest. It's disingenuous to suggest it had absolutely nothing to do with race.
We can talk about how the liberal media had vilified him before the facts came out, but not without how conservative media, and politicians, have worshipped him as a hero, which is just as disgusting.

He did act in self-defense... but he also showed up to a hornets nest with an AR-15. Everyone involved in that situation, Kyle Rittenhouse, the 2 dead and one maimed, were huge morons that night. If he's not larping out his fantasies to be a "good guy with a gun," nobody is threatened by his presence, nobody attacks him, and nobody dies that night. He may not be legally guilty of murder, but I hope that fact weighs on his conscience for the rest of his life. Somehow I doubt it.
Gun laws in this country are fucked up.
Pop Zeus

When Norm died, I almost ordered a Mangrate
Pop Zeus

Barbrady wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:04 pm
If the dudes he killed were black and not white, would he have been found not-guilty?
Whose Lives Matter?
And yeah, I know blacks get railroaded by the justice system as much or more than anyone, and face all kinds of obstacles because of racism.
But Democrats and left identitarians are so trigger-happy on racial issues, I have no doubt that Kenosha would be rioting right now if Rittenhouse had killed two black men and been acquitted.
You'll have your answer depending on the way the Ahmaud Arbery murder trial goes... which was a far more flagrant ordeal than the Rittenhouse situation.
WingFanInA2 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:06 pm A lot of media takes that apparently never watched any part of the trial. KR probably would’ve been found guilty if not for video that confirmed his actions.

But regardless, case had nothing to do with race, despite the need for some to make it about race.
He was a counter-protestor to a Black Lives Matter protest. It's disingenuous to suggest it had absolutely nothing to do with race.
We can talk about how the liberal media had vilified him before the facts came out, but not without how conservative media, and politicians, have worshipped him as a hero, which is just as disgusting.

He did act in self-defense... but he also showed up to a hornets nest with an AR-15. Everyone involved in that situation, Kyle Rittenhouse, the 2 dead and one maimed, were huge morons that night. If he's not larping out his fantasies to be a "good guy with a gun," nobody is threatened by his presence, nobody attacks him, and nobody dies that night. He may not be legally guilty of murder, but I hope that fact weighs on his conscience for the rest of his life. Somehow I doubt it.

It wasn't a BLM protest
BLM protests are protests
Maybe it was a protest early in the day, but at night time, this was a riot - with a bunch of troublemaking douchebags (including Rittenhouse) looking for and finding trouble.

This is not the result of a "protest."

The protests I covered looked nothing like that.
Barbrady

Pop Zeus wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:10 pm
Whose Lives Matter?

It wasn't a BLM protest
Maybe it was a protest early in the day, but at night time, this was a riot - with a bunch of troublemaking douchebags (including Rittenhouse) looking for and finding trouble.

Even less of a reason for him to be out there larping with a rifle like an idiot.
Pop Zeus

Barbrady wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:05 pm

It wasn't a BLM protest

Even less of a reason for him to be out there larping with a rifle like an idiot.
Yeah. No shit.
He shouldn't have been out there. He's a dumb kid who bought into stupid ideas.

And you can say that about hundreds of other people out there who knew perfectly well what was going on that night and decided to be there anyway.

Yet, you only seem to care about one guy's presence.

Victim 1.
Rosenbaum.
Convicted sex offender (child molester). Anal rape and oral sex with minors.
Many Assault charges.
On parole, body slammed his former girlfriend.Was released from care for mental health issues just before joining the "protest" downtown and going after the kid with the gun.
Had Rittenhouse been a cop - I bet this would be written up as suicide by cop.

This is the fucking crime that leads to the next crimes.

Anthony Huber, the skateboarder, was a repeat domestic abuser. His most serious case came when he was found guilty of a felony for strangulation and suffocation. He was also convicted of false imprisonment.
He chased down Rittenhouse and when Rittenhouse fell, smashed him with the skateboard.

Gaige Grosskreutz
In court, admitted he pointed his gun at Rittenhouse before Rittenhouse shot him. Lengthy criminal history - and even that night was carrying a concealed weapon with a permit.

Everyone there voluntarily participated in a circus.
But there seems to be this notion, put forth by blue wave folks, that only Rittenhouse didn't belong.
Wizard of Corsica

Why don't you go ask these so-called blue wave folks where they're getting their notions? And why do you care what they think anyway? You're acting like the kid got convicted or something.
Barbrady

Pop Zeus wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:18 pm
Barbrady wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:05 pm

It wasn't a BLM protest

Yeah. No shit.
He shouldn't have been out there. He's a dumb kid who bought into stupid ideas.

And you can say that about hundreds of other people out there who knew perfectly well what was going on that night and decided to be there anyway.

Yet, you only seem to care about one guy's presence.

Victim 1.
Rosenbaum.
Convicted sex offender (child molester). Anal rape and oral sex with minors.
Many Assault charges.
On parole, body slammed his former girlfriend.Was released from care for mental health issues just before joining the "protest" downtown and going after the kid with the gun.
Had Rittenhouse been a cop - I bet this would be written up as suicide by cop.

This is the fucking crime that leads to the next crimes.

Anthony Huber, the skateboarder, was a repeat domestic abuser. His most serious case came when he was found guilty of a felony for strangulation and suffocation. He was also convicted of false imprisonment.
He chased down Rittenhouse and when Rittenhouse fell, smashed him with the skateboard.

Gaige Grosskreutz
In court, admitted he pointed his gun at Rittenhouse before Rittenhouse shot him. Lengthy criminal history - and even that night was carrying a concealed weapon with a permit.

Everyone there voluntarily participated in a circus.
But there seems to be this notion, put forth by blue wave folks, that only Rittenhouse didn't belong.
Dude I'm not even arguing about the outcome of the trial with you. I already said everyone that night was an idiot. Lol Jesus.

Yet another example of Newsy continuing his slow descent into becoming a full blown reactionary.
Pop Zeus

Wizard of Corsica wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:50 pm Why don't you go ask these so-called blue wave folks where they're getting their notions? And why do you care what they think anyway? You're acting like the kid got convicted or something.
I care because I'm sick of brainwashed, binary dialogues ripping communities apart.
I care because the people holding up Rittenhouse as a monster are the folks who moralize about everything else.
They paint everything as "racism" when it doesn't involve racism.
And I care because leftwing, PC identitarianism only makes it easy for REAL white supremacists to recruit.

Because, in a two-party system, when one party goes all-in on minority identitarianism - the other party becomes Donald trump - white identitarianism/nationalism.
_sg_

Wizard of Corsica wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:51 pm I don't know the nuts and bolts, so I try not to comment too much. I'm still stuck on how we take it as given that 17 year olds can walk around in public openly carrying any gun, much less one that enormous. But I'm an old man and need to get with it clearly.
This was my general thought also. I didn't think he'd be found guilty, but, yeah, wtf is going on here?