2022 NHL Entry Draft

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
Murmansk16A

I asked the guy if that was a typo. It was a typo. He actually had 6 points. Still a big game for him.

Draftin Europe
@draftin_europe
Replying to

it actually is lol, 6 pts out of his team's 8 goal. Sorry

kmac

holytoledo wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:46 pm
Murmansk16A wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:30 pm Draftin Europe
@draftin_europe
Juraj Slafkovsky with 2 goals and 8 pts in today's game in the top Finnish junior league.
That league is almost as good as high school hockey in Florida - almost.
HT, you are constantly down on the Finnish leagues, writing them off as inconsequential. It makes me wonder, do you have an issue with Finns in general? Like, I know about 80% of the UP is Finnish heritage, did some Yooper chick do you wrong at some point in your life? Maybe made you some bad pasties or something? I mean, in college I dated a girl from Ironwood (which, ironically, was her nickname for my dong heeheehee), her name was Lari Mattinnennennennennin, (or something like that, I never could get her last name right). She was a big old girl, but she liked to drink and fuck, and if some guy started giving me shit at the bar, she was there to step in and kick his ass for me. She eventually dumped me to date a big black defensive lineman on the CMU football team. She done me wrong, but I don't hate Finns because of it. I wonder whatever happened to that old gal.....
holytoledo

kmac wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:21 am
holytoledo wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:46 pm
Murmansk16A wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:30 pm Draftin Europe
@draftin_europe
Juraj Slafkovsky with 2 goals and 8 pts in today's game in the top Finnish junior league.
That league is almost as good as high school hockey in Florida - almost.
HT, you are constantly down on the Finnish leagues, writing them off as inconsequential. It makes me wonder, do you have an issue with Finns in general? Like, I know about 80% of the UP is Finnish heritage, did some Yooper chick do you wrong at some point in your life? Maybe made you some bad pasties or something? I mean, in college I dated a girl from Ironwood (which, ironically, was her nickname for my dong heeheehee), her name was Lari Mattinnennennennennin, (or something like that, I never could get her last name right). She was a big old girl, but she liked to drink and fuck, and if some guy started giving me shit at the bar, she was there to step in and kick his ass for me. She eventually dumped me to date a big black defensive lineman on the CMU football team. She done me wrong, but I don't hate Finns because of it. I wonder whatever happened to that old gal.....
Nah, it’s just because the league sucks! There are good players that come out of it and i’m definitely still salty that we didn’t grab Rauty in the draft when he fell so far.

It has absolutely nothing to do with the girl from Finland that I banged in Amsterdam on an alcohol, weed, cocaine and ecstasy filler night that didn’t tell me we had a daughter and I had to find out an ancestry.com 30 years later. Nothing!
hiramnicak

The original post is updated, but for those who've missed any of these:

YEAR.MOBLOGGER (BLOG)NO.1-3
2021.10NHL Central Scouting Services (Grades)NA
2021.10Mark Edwards (Hockey Prospect)Shane Wright, Conor Geekie, Logan Cooley
2021.10Corey Pronman (The Athletic)Shane Wright, Ivan Miroshnichenko, Logan Cooley
puckstopper92

I’ve heard Savoie looks very good so far. I’m hoping he falls to wherever we pick. He’s small in terms of height, but he’s not built small. In the highlights I’ve seen, he looks like a quicker and higher scoring Barzal.
holytoledo

puckstopper92 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:06 am I’ve heard Savoie looks very good so far. I’m hoping he falls to wherever we pick. He’s small in terms of height, but he’s not built small. In the highlights I’ve seen, he looks like a quicker and higher scoring Barzal.
Looking like we might end up in the 10-16 range.
puckstopper92

holytoledo wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:20 am
puckstopper92 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:06 am I’ve heard Savoie looks very good so far. I’m hoping he falls to wherever we pick. He’s small in terms of height, but he’s not built small. In the highlights I’ve seen, he looks like a quicker and higher scoring Barzal.
It's still early, and I've seen hot starts before. This team still lacks talent and is winning with effort. That's a hard way to win consistently over the course of 82 games. I like the rookies, but we'll see how they handle the full season. And you never know about injuries. But yeah, I don't see Savioe falling outside the top 5 when it's all said and done.
holytoledo

puckstopper92 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:29 am
holytoledo wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:20 am
It's still early, and I've seen hot starts before. This team still lacks talent and is winning with effort. That's a hard way to win consistently over the course of 82 games. I like the rookies, but we'll see how they handle the full season. And you never know about injuries. But yeah, I don't see Savioe falling outside the top 5 when it's all said and done.
It’s early for sure, but there are definitely a handful of teams that we appear to be a tier above. We need to deal Leddy and call up Lashoff ASAP.
DocBrown

Wondering what the Wings could get for Leddy. That appears to be likely outcome at the trade deadline to deal him for pick(s) I suppose. I read all this stuff about what kind of genius Lamoriello was for dealing him and now I think they wish they had him. He's been a good D man for the Wings....we will need to replace him....or maybe extend him if he's agreeable????
1.21 gigawatts! 1.21 gigawatts. Great Scott!
holytoledo

DocBrown wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:37 pm Wondering what the Wings could get for Leddy. That appears to be likely outcome at the trade deadline to deal him for pick(s) I suppose. I read all this stuff about what kind of genius Lamoriello was for dealing him and now I think they wish they had him. He's been a good D man for the Wings....we will need to replace him....or maybe extend him if he's agreeable????
He’s a defensive liability and Seider is running the #1 PP unit. Hronek is out producing him as well. We can ship him off at the first good offer we get. If there’s a team with injury issues we can do it then. I’d gladly send him back to NYI for Raty.