Red Wings Prospect News & Highlights

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
holytoledo

Nice little fluff piece on Edvinsson

https://www.si.com/hockey/news/detroit- ... r-emerging

Murmansk16A

Berggren with a goal and an assist, Pearson 2 goals, McIsaac 2 assists.
winged wheel

Berggren's goal.

Murmansk16A

Temporarily unlocked article on Raymond:

https://www.mckeenshockey.com/nhl-blog/ ... red-wings/

Excerpt:

Will

Fast forwarding to the 2021-22 NHL season, my expectation was that Raymond would be spending some time with the Grand Rapids Griffins of the AHL before breaking onto the Red Wings team, but a strong camp and a “let’s see what happens” approach to the youth in Detroit landed him a spot with some notable linemates to start the season. I tracked two games, one against Tampa Bay on October 14th, and another against Vancouver on October 16th. The initial results were, well, mixed. To get the bad part out of the way, Raymond’s shot attempt results were poor. A 26.3% SAT% and a 28.6% DSAT% (shot attempt percentage without low danger attempts) is less than ideal, especially for a player playing with the likes of Dylan Larkin and Robby Fabbri, but this is where the importance of non-shot related metrics become so pivotal. Raymond managed to involve himself in 29% of the offensive transitions Detroit made across both games and maintained control on 72% of them. That brings a polar opposite reaction from me, and with 12 controlled offensive transitions where Raymond was either the passer or carrier of the puck rather than the receiver, his ability as a puck transporter in the NHL at this stage is clear. While he had six uncontrolled offensive entries via passing, this is almost expected for most NHL systems where pucks that cross the centre line are dumped for forecheckers to pressure defenders with. The same can be said when the puck is coming the other direction. Even if Raymond was involved in just over 11% of defensive transitions, they resulted in turnovers 25% of the time. All of this tracks extremely well with the style of play I’ve seen with Raymond over the years.

As always, data only tells part of the story. How the data is generated, and if it’s based on luck or actual talent is vital to sift through. To put it simply, there seems to be this “x-factor” in players like Raymond where he just seems to “get it”. The first series of clips I’ll highlight explains what I’m getting at. There’s a true 200-foot game here. His ability to catch opponents sleeping at the wheel, stick check to free up the puck, use skill to escape danger and quickly find space to work with jumps through the screen.
Murmansk16A

Simon Servant
@SimServant
Parlant des Red Wings, Shai Buium (#26) n'est pas un petit garçon. Méchante séquence haha.
Translated from French by
Speaking of the Red Wings, Shai Buium (# 26) isn't a little boy. Nasty sequence haha.

Murmansk16A

Red Wings Prospects
@DRWProspects
Wallinder has 3 goals and 2 assists in the 9 games since he was given a spot in the top-6 D.

Fil Zaronek

Great game for the Griffs. I wasn’t at home and watched it on my phone. The stupid player kept buffering.
Former Griffs Turgeon and Hicketts were really good.
Very impressed with Rossi. Raymond has won me over but Rossi or Lundell would have addressed a need.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/long-road- ... fe/sn-amp/

Murmansk16A

A nice assist for Berggren, but he has a bad habit of not looking where he is going on the ice, which could get him crushed out there.

Fil Zaronek

Murmansk16A wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:39 pm A nice assist for Berggren, but he has a bad habit of not looking where he is going on the ice, which could get him crushed out there.

It looks like he is not looking but he has eyes in the back of his head
Wizard of Corsica

The PK here seems absurdly passive, good job taking advantage though.

Elmer is filling out, he is look massive.

EDIT: Another tweet in the thread says Mannheim is missing 10 players due to Covid. Makes sense, that guy "defending" Soderblom is an absolute lamp post.