Red Wings Prospect News & Highlights

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
holytoledo

Pronman’s ratings are more about how he believes the players’ careers will pan out than their current level of play. Raymond is in the top 50 of the league in scoring as a rookie and is a year younger than Seider. He may very well believe Seider is already close to his ceiling whereas the best is yet to come from Raymond.

puckstopper92

holytoledo wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:56 pm Pronman’s ratings are more about how he believes the players’ careers will pan out than their current level of play. Raymond is in the top 50 of the league in scoring as a rookie and is a year younger than Seider. He may very well believe Seider is already close to his ceiling whereas the best is yet to come from Raymond.
I could get behind someone projecting Raymond to have a better career than Seider in the long run. I understand that logic. However, if this is the case, then I've got a problem with Edvinsson at 40. I think he's shown promise to be as good as, if not better than Seider when you compare their time in the SHL, and factoring in that Edvinsson is doing it in his D+1 year as opposed to Seider doing it in his D+2 year. Seider did look very good in the AHL in his D+1 year though, so who knows how he would've looked in the SHL that year. Regardless, they should be closer in the rankings.

Obviously, one person's rankings don't mean anything in the long run. It's very subjective, and the players will play how they play. I'm just glad we have some very exciting young players in the organization, and I'm hoping we'll see more from the next draft. I'm still waiting for Stevie to pull off a late round steal à la Point, Palat, or even Kucherov. Maybe he already did with Soderblom? Time will tell.
holytoledo

puckstopper92 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:37 am
holytoledo wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:56 pm Pronman’s ratings are more about how he believes the players’ careers will pan out than their current level of play. Raymond is in the top 50 of the league in scoring as a rookie and is a year younger than Seider. He may very well believe Seider is already close to his ceiling whereas the best is yet to come from Raymond.
I could get behind someone projecting Raymond to have a better career than Seider in the long run. I understand that logic. However, if this is the case, then I've got a problem with Edvinsson at 40. I think he's shown promise to be as good as, if not better than Seider when you compare their time in the SHL, and factoring in that Edvinsson is doing it in his D+1 year as opposed to Seider doing it in his D+2 year. Seider did look very good in the AHL in his D+1 year though, so who knows how he would've looked in the SHL that year. Regardless, they should be closer in the rankings.

Obviously, one person's rankings don't mean anything in the long run. It's very subjective, and the players will play how they play. I'm just glad we have some very exciting young players in the organization, and I'm hoping we'll see more from the next draft. I'm still waiting for Stevie to pull off a late round steal à la Point, Palat, or even Kucherov. Maybe he already did with Soderblom? Time will tell.
Look at where he has just about anyone from the 2021 draft. He’s weighting older players higher in general. Also, the 2021 draft was more or less considered a below average draft. This is every prospect drafted from 2017-2021 so there were 120+ first round picks in that list. He’s the 7th highest rated pick from his class on that list. Maybe he could move a few spots, this is of course one person’s subjective list, but 40 seems reasonable.
Fil Zaronek

Berggy with the OT winner tonight

Pop Zeus

Murmansk16A

@LarsThorsell
Simon "Smooth" Edvinsson has turned down the chance to play for Sweden in the Beijing olympics. The
@DetroitRedWings prospect says he wants to focus on #LGRW-East (aka Frölunda in the SHL) and the possible #WorldJuniors restart in the summer.
Murmansk16A

Denver Hockey
@DU_Hockey
2 assists in the game, 11 now on the season.

Carter Mazur how up to 20 points — the 6th Pio to reach the mark this year.

Update:

Red Wings Recap
@WingsRecap
3 assists for Mazur now #LGRW
Murmansk16A

Pop Zeus

Murmansk16A wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:38 pm @LarsThorsell
Simon "Smooth" Edvinsson has turned down the chance to play for Sweden in the Beijing olympics. The
@DetroitRedWings prospect says he wants to focus on #LGRW-East (aka Frölunda in the SHL) and the possible #WorldJuniors restart in the summer.
Disappointing.
Wizard of Corsica

Pop Zeus wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:17 am
Murmansk16A wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:38 pm @LarsThorsell
Disappointing.
What's your thinking? I disagree. He already has blown up his schedule once for international duty, and the Olympics is shaping up to be a sub-World Championships affair as it is.

The idea of re-booting the WJCs is nonsense, unless they'd done during the Olympics.