NHL 2021-22 Season News

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
hiramnicak

This team is stacked, particularly on defense, and young. So many defensemen, there are going to be some interesting trades coming to fill out their forward group.

C
Jared Schwartz (UFA)
Jared McCann (TOR)
Yanni Gourde (TBL)
Calle Jarnkrok (NSH)
Colin Blackwell (NYR)
Morgan Geekie (CAR)
John Quenneville (CHI)
Matty Beniers (SEA)

LW
Alexander Wennberg (UFA)
Brandon Tanev (PIT)
Carsen Twarynski (PHI)

RW
Jordan Eberle (NYI)
Mason Appleton (WPG)
Joonas Donskoi (COL)
Nathan Bastian (NJD)
Tyler Pitlick (ARI)
Kole Lind (VAN)
Alexander True (SJS)

LD
Mark Giordano (CGY)
Vince Dunn (STL)
Jamie Oleksiak (DAL)
Jeremy Lauzon (BOS)
Carson Soucy (MIN)
Haydn Fleury (ANA)
Gavin Bayreuther (CBJ)
Kurtis MacDermid (LAK)
Dennis Cholowski (DET)

RD
Adam Larsson (EDM)
Will Borgen (BUF)
Cale Fleury (MTL)

G
Philip Grubauer (UFA)
Chris Driedger (FLO)
Vít Vaněček (WAS)
Joey Daccord (OTT)

Biggest "surprises": Bayreuther over Domi, Geekie over Bean, Dunn over Tarasenko, Fleury over Price

My question: is there anything here we would be interested in moving Bertuzzi for?
Last edited by hiramnicak on Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:44 pm, edited 6 times in total.

winged wheel

Sounds like John Quenneville is the Chicago pick. Wings are the last one left.

It ruins the suspense for the show tonight, but trades can still be announced tonight, unless they leak also.
Zattaman

They are light on LW. Perfect for Svechnikov.
hiramnicak

Zattaman wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:17 pm They are light on LW. Perfect for Svechnikov.
I think Namestnikov makes the most sense, but looking at their other selections, Svechnikov wouldn't really surprise me. Young, team-controlled player who hasn't been given too much of a role in the NHL yet. Like I said, I'm still leaning Namestnikov, but I wouldn't bat an eye if they took Svech.
Fil Zaronek

They could have been a really good team right away of they picked Tarasenko and Domi. Bayreuther???
Zattaman

Fil Zaronek wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:39 pm They could have been a really good team right away of they picked Tarasenko and Domi. Bayreuther???
Dunn instead of Tarasenko is a little surprising, although Dunn is a decent young RFA player.

As far as Domi, he just had a shoulder surgery and will be out until Nov/Dec. I also don't know what to make of the fact that he's already on his 3rd team. He's not overly physical, yet takes a lot of dumb penalties (runs in the family). Seems like a problem child -- which is the last thing you'd want on a new franchise.
dcz28

Looks like they went for cheaper options and stayed away from expensive contracts or long term ones. Will be interesting to see what they do with all those defensemen. I imagine some could be trade bait.

Are they exempt from waivers this season? Has to be something so they don't lose players they send down since they have no minor league system yet and they have to be able to have guys in the minors they can call up for injuries.
holytoledo

Zattaman wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:03 pm
Fil Zaronek wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:39 pm They could have been a really good team right away of they picked Tarasenko and Domi. Bayreuther???
Dunn instead of Tarasenko is a little surprising, although Dunn is a decent young RFA player.

As far as Domi, he just had a shoulder surgery and will be out until Nov/Dec. I also don't know what to make of the fact that he's already on his 3rd team. He's not overly physical, yet takes a lot of dumb penalties (runs in the family). Seems like a problem child -- which is the last thing you'd want on a new franchise.
Tarasenko has a huge cap hit and it remains to be seen if his shoulder surgery was successful. Dunn is probably a 4 and an RFA. Better long term and lower risk move to take Dunn.
JimIsJustPlainOld

Looks like the Oilers are about to sign Zack Hyman and are talking to Dougie Hamilton. Holland needing to do something after losing Larsson to Seattle.
JimIsJustPlainOld

hiramnicak wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:49 pm This team is stacked, particularly on defense, and young. So many defensemen, there are going to be some interesting trades coming to fill out their forward group.

C
Jared McCann (TOR)
Yanni Gourde (TBL)
Calle Jarnkrok (NSH)
Colin Blackwell (NYR)
Morgan Geekie (CAR)
John Quenneville (CHI)

LW
Brandon Tanev (PIT)
Carsen Twarynski (PHI)

RW
Jordan Eberle (NYI)
Mason Appleton (WPG)
Joonas Donskoi (COL)
Nathan Bastian (NJD)
Tyler Pitlick (ARI)
Kole Lind (VAN)
Alexander True (SJS)

LD
Mark Giordano (CGY)
Vince Dunn (STL)
Jamie Oleksiak (DAL)
Jeremy Lauzon (BOS)
Carson Soucy (MIN)
Haydn Fleury (ANA)
Gavin Bayreuther (CBJ)
Kurtis MacDermid (LAK)
Dennis Cholowski (DET)

RD
Adam Larsson (EDM)
Will Borgen (BUF)
Cale Fleury (MTL)

G
Chris Driedger (FLO)
Vít Vaněček (WAS)
Joey Daccord (OTT)

Biggest "surprises": Bayreuther over Domi, Geekie over Bean, Dunn over Tarasenko, Fleury over Price

My question: is there anything here we would be interested in moving Bertuzzi for?
Yeah, how about Chowlowski? :D