NHL 2021-22 Season News

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
Pop Zeus

Yandle's done man.
Keeping a streak going for the sake of a streak just ain't worth it.
He's -39. No other D is worse than -12.

His GA/60 is 3.2 - worst among any Flyers D with 20 game.
His GF/60 is 1.56 - worst among all Flyers D.

THis is despite the highest Ozone starts on the defense and lowest Dzone starts on the D.

Imagine being a Flyers fan and putting up with this shit? All for a streak?

dcz28

Yeah i'm not sure Yandle would be a fit at this stage in his career. Wings have enough trouble keeping the puck out of their net. Unless the PP changes where would he even fit into it given the Wings only use 1 defenseman per PP unit and Seider is getting one spot. Hronek has the other but if guys like Edvinsson or Johanssen make the team they could battle for PP time also.

I would much rather add someone like Zadorov who's only 26, 6'6, 235 pounds and hits like a Mack truck. Wings would still need an offensive guy for the left side but hopefully Edvinsson or Johanssen can provide that or Yzerman just trades for someone else because there isn't much on the UFA market that fits the bill of a top 4 LD with offensive skills that isn't a train wreck defensively. Lindholm was the only guy i really wanted along with Zadorov for his size and physical playstyle.
Duke

Pop Zeus wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:57 pm Imagine being a Flyers fan and putting up with this shit? All for a streak?
None of us have to imagine it… we already put up with something similar for several seasons while management clung to a 25-year playoff streak.” 😁
Pop Zeus

dcz28 wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:19 pm Yeah i'm not sure Yandle would be a fit at this stage in his career. Wings have enough trouble keeping the puck out of their net. Unless the PP changes where would he even fit into it given the Wings only use 1 defenseman per PP unit and Seider is getting one spot. Hronek has the other but if guys like Edvinsson or Johanssen make the team they could battle for PP time also.

I would much rather add someone like Zadorov who's only 26, 6'6, 235 pounds and hits like a Mack truck. Wings would still need an offensive guy for the left side but hopefully Edvinsson or Johanssen can provide that or Yzerman just trades for someone else because there isn't much on the UFA market that fits the bill of a top 4 LD with offensive skills that isn't a train wreck defensively. Lindholm was the only guy i really wanted along with Zadorov for his size and physical playstyle.
I like the idea of Zadorov. But I wonder if bidding will be insane.
Here's a guy who's never played 20 minutes a night, which basically means he's a bottom 3 defenseman.
How much would you pay?
_sg_

holytoledo wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:36 pm
JimIsJustPlainOld wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:32 am Looks like Flyers defenseman Keith Yandle's consecutive game streak is ending at 989 games. For some reason, the Flyers are sitting him out in the next game. And with that, Phil Kessel who is right behind Yandle in consecutive games played, could pass Yandle next season.

https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/the ... hVkLXscN4c
What a shitty thing to do by a shitty classless org.

Not sure what he’s got left in the tank, but Yandle is a class act and a great guy in the room. I would not want both him and Staal on the roster next year, but if Staal doesn’t come back I wouldn’t mind Yandle at all as a bottom pair LD/place holder that can play on the PP. If he had a bit of a bounce back year he could probably return a 3rd or 4th at the deadline.
Mixed feelings on that one. I guess they could have let him play out the season, he's not under contract for next year anyway.

OTOH, I'm sure they would have scratched him a few times already if he wasn't going after the record. They gave him that.
dcz28

Pop Zeus wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:48 pm
dcz28 wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:19 pm Yeah i'm not sure Yandle would be a fit at this stage in his career. Wings have enough trouble keeping the puck out of their net. Unless the PP changes where would he even fit into it given the Wings only use 1 defenseman per PP unit and Seider is getting one spot. Hronek has the other but if guys like Edvinsson or Johanssen make the team they could battle for PP time also.

I like the idea of Zadorov. But I wonder if bidding will be insane.
Here's a guy who's never played 20 minutes a night, which basically means he's a bottom 3 defenseman.
How much would you pay?
Not sure about the bidding for him. I don't read fans of other teams talking about wanting him and he's not a guy you hear media talk about wanting either. Might be because he doesn't put up points much and is more of a stay at home type. He's playing around 17 mins average per game this season so he can play 2nd pair minutes. Maybe he would make a good partner for Hronek who needs someone stronger defensively. He's making 3.75 mil now so i assume something around 4 mil for 3 or 4 years might get it done. Sounds about right for a 2nd pair defenseman.

For a partner for Seider, There really isn't anything that will be on the UFA market that i like. The trade market the names are Chychrun, Provorov and Samhein that i have heard rumors about being available in trades. Provorov plays over 24 mins a night and signed for another 3 years at 6.75 mil a year and is 25 which fits the age group and he kills penalties too (top PK defenseman for Flyers). Sanheim 26 years old only signed for next season (4.675 mil) set to become a UFA. He's also a PK guy and is actually a plus 5 on the crappy flyers playing 22 mins a night. I would think both Provorov and Sanheim wouldn't cost as much as what Arizona wants for Chychrun.

You get something like this and the Wings should be way better on the back end:

Provorov/Sanheim - Seider
Zadorov - Hronek
Edvinsson/Johanssen - Lindstrom

Would just need to fix the 2nd line center position, change the coaching and the team in theory could be a playoff team.
Zattaman

There are already 3 players with 100+ points. Two players knocking on the door with 95 points. Then there's Marner with 88. So, that's 6 probable 100-point players at the end of the season.

10 seasons ago, there was only one (Malkin) surpassing that mark at the end of the season.

20 seasons ago, there were none (Iginla had 96).
CoconutBackwards

Zattaman wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:53 am There are already 3 players with 100+ points. Two players knocking on the door with 95 points. Then there's Marner with 88. So, that's 6 probable 100-point players at the end of the season.

10 seasons ago, there was only one (Malkin) surpassing that mark at the end of the season.

Goal scoring is definitely up and I'm happy about it.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that the youth grew up with goalies in the Butterfly stance and have all learned to beat it.
Throughout history, every old man said the same thing about the younger generation. And old men die, and the world keeps spinnin'.
-Barbrady
holytoledo

CoconutBackwards wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:48 am
Zattaman wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:53 am There are already 3 players with 100+ points. Two players knocking on the door with 95 points. Then there's Marner with 88. So, that's 6 probable 100-point players at the end of the season.

Goal scoring is definitely up and I'm happy about it.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that the youth grew up with goalies in the Butterfly stance and have all learned to beat it.
Is there truly an elite goalie in the league right now besides Vasilesky? Seems there are very few putting up consistently good numbers for more than 2-3 years in a row.
CoconutBackwards

Yea that could have something to do with it.

Speaking of goalies, why does Nashville ALWAYS have stellar goalies and we always have SHIT?
Throughout history, every old man said the same thing about the younger generation. And old men die, and the world keeps spinnin'.
-Barbrady