NHL 2021-22 Season News

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
dcz28

winged wheel wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:13 pm
If i was Seattle, i think i would take Price. They can have a brand name to sell tickets or they could possibly retain money on Price and then flip him to Toronto, Edmonton, Colorado or a team looking for a playoff goalie and get a great return. Imagine Bergevin's face if Seattle takes him, retains 50% salary and flips him to Toronto for a big return. Price at a 5 mil cap hit would fit the bill for some teams looking to get further in the playoffs. Price has a lot of bonus money including an 11 million one due in September apparently but a team like Toronto don't give a shit about paying a bonus...question is does the Seattle owner want to pay that or part of it for assets.

Wizard of Corsica

dcz28 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:09 am
If i was Seattle, i think i would take Price. They can have a brand name to sell tickets or they could possibly retain money on Price and then flip him to Toronto, Edmonton, Colorado or a team looking for a playoff goalie and get a great return. Imagine Bergevin's face if Seattle takes him, retains 50% salary and flips him to Toronto for a big return. Price at a 5 mil cap hit would fit the bill for some teams looking to get further in the playoffs. Price has a lot of bonus money including an 11 million one due in September apparently but a team like Toronto don't give a shit about paying a bonus...question is does the Seattle owner want to pay that or part of it for assets.
Isn't his NMC back in play once Seattle picks him? Reminds me of the Mets leaving Seaver exposed in 83 free agent compensation draft.

If Seattle takes him, you have to keep him. He's as close to a bankable 'star' as they have, and guarantees they'll be at least competitive to start.

Carey Price, Kraken some skulls.
It was my understanding there would be no math in the debates.
El Jefe

Wizard of Corsica wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:57 am
dcz28 wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:09 am
Isn't his NMC back in play once Seattle picks him? Reminds me of the Mets leaving Seaver exposed in 83 free agent compensation draft.

If Seattle takes him, you have to keep him. He's as close to a bankable 'star' as they have, and guarantees they'll be at least competitive to start.

Carey Price, Kraken some skulls.
I believe you are correct. On the other hand, I expect he would waive his NMC once more to go to a contender. I don't think Montreal is getting back to the finals any time soon, so this might be Price's ticket to get back there himself.
winged wheel

Carey Price's wife has an Instagram story post saying 'Don't worry guys, things will make more sense soon.'

There must be something else going on or some kind of side deal worked out.
El Jefe

winged wheel wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:30 am Carey Price's wife has an Instagram story post saying 'Don't worry guys, things will make more sense soon.'

There must be something else going on or some kind of side deal worked out.
Prediction: The Wings are going to trade Leddy for Price and Montreal's 2021 second round pick. Steve Yzerman for President!!
winged wheel

winged wheel

hiramnicak

winged wheel wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:17 am

no surprises there. price isn't really worth the price tag he's lugging around with him, especially relative to other options they have. tarasenko is a valuable trade asset for them, but then they lose out on guys like dunn. ron francis has said the cap is going to be a huge factor in who they pick, indicating he was going to stay away from the monster contracts.
winged wheel

holytoledo

winged wheel wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:37 am
Man, with all of the choices out there, those 2 are surprising. Dallas' list is a dumpster fire though, and since they have to take someone, that one makes sense.

I wonder what the prognosis is on Klefblom. If he's healthy his deal is a bargain.