Q&A With Blashill via TheAthletic

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
Pop Zeus

https://theathletic.com/2194577/2020/11 ... dailyemail

Mostly bullshit.

Namestnikov a C?
The fact he can play center, I think, is a positive. I’m intrigued by giving Robby Fabbri an opportunity to play center too. So we’ll see, we’ll see where the best fit is.
On Merrill
Merrill is somebody I’ve actually known a long time. I remember him when he was a 15-year-old, and he’s got a lot of ability. He’s long, he’s got good size, and I think he’s looking for the opportunity to really put his stamp on the hockey team.
Wings aren't replacing Adam Nightingale, who left to go to the NTDP.
So it's just Blashill, Houda and Bylsma

jaster

It's Namestnikov vs Fabbri for 2C initially. Has to be. Detroit has to be hoping one of them can be better than Filppula. And if they aren't, I'm sure we'll see Flip get another look, which HT will surely love.

Merrill should be solid, if unspectacular, for the Wings.
Machine

jaster wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:20 am It's Namestnikov vs Fabbri for 2C initially. Has to be. Detroit has to be hoping one of them can be better than Filppula. And if they aren't, I'm sure we'll see Flip get another look, which HT will surely love.

Here’s hoping that one of them catches on, another try of Flip at 2C and I’ll spaz out
holytoledo

jaster wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:20 am It's Namestnikov vs Fabbri for 2C initially. Has to be. Detroit has to be hoping one of them can be better than Filppula. And if they aren't, I'm sure we'll see Flip get another look, which HT will surely love.

If Fil is 2C again the odds of us picking at 4 or better are astronomical. TBH, I think Gagner is better than him right now. Barring Veleno or Rasmussen getting a shot, I’d view the 2C depth chart as: Fabbri, Namestikov, Gagner, Helm, LFG, Fil, Nielsen.
jaster

holytoledo wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:55 pm

If Fil is 2C again the odds of us picking at 4 or better are astronomical. TBH, I think Gagner is better than him right now. Barring Veleno or Rasmussen getting a shot, I’d view the 2C depth chart as: Fabbri, Namestikov, Gagner, Helm, LFG, Fil, Nielsen.
I suspect you’re right RE: Gagner.

Although I think that depth chart in reality is more like: Namestnikov, Fabbri, Filppula, Gagner, burn it all down.