Ehn

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
JimIsJustPlainOld

Christopher Ehn has signed with Frolunda in the SHL.

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2020/11 ... n-shl.html

Murmansk16A

Making it harder for Niederbach to get any playing time there.
hiramnicak

Murmansk16A wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:09 pm Making it harder for Niederbach to get any playing time there.
There's already not room for Niederbach on that team. He's only played more than a minute in one of four games. They're the best team in the league. It's actually a good place for him development-wise. There's no rush to bring him up, and he's going to have to go above and beyond to push someone off the big club's roster, as he'll have to do in Detroit two or three years from now. In the meantime, he gets to iron out issues in juniors, build his confidence, train with some incredible SHLers, et cetera. I think that even practicing with the team is going to help him improve a ton. I remember reading back in the day that a young Datsyuk was the first one at the rink for practice, the last one off, and that he was picking the brains of older players on the team, particularly Fedorov and Larionov. I'm hoping Niederbach can do the same with Frölunda.

Anyway, I'm pretty stoked for when Niederbach does stick with the team. Raymond desperately needs someone who can finish off the chances he sets up, and these guys have the potential to be linemates for years.
wyrrlen

I think Niederbach was in my top ten of players that I hoped Detroit would get during the NHL draft. I'm very excited that they got him, and agree with tarohirose that I think he's in a great spot to grow up on Frölunda.