Evaluating Griffins prospects.

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
Fil Zaronek

I have only watched parts of 2 free games this year (both while the Wings were playing) and the highlights for most of the games and some post game interviews so these evaluations are based mostly on stats. I will probably ctach a playoff game or 2.

Exceeded expectations
Sebastian Cossa - Considering that he is doing as well or doing better than older goalies drafted as high, he has surpassed expectations for a goalie drafted as high but considering that expectations were significantly lowered after a terrible camp, he has blown them away. I was still hopeful he can turn it around and justify his draft position but didn't expect it to happen so soon and he is the only Griffins prospect who has exceeded expectations

Met expectations
Simon Edvinsson - I watched a couple of games last year and he was by far the best Griffin every time. Combination of size, skating and strength is off the charts.
Jonathan Berggren - I don't understand why he hasn't been afforded more opportunity with the Wings. He is a bit of a perimeter player but not because he shies away from contact, he battles hard and is strong on the boards
Marco Kasper - Scored a half a point a game which is pretty good for a jr aged player and even better considering that he is a gritty 2-way forward
Carter Mazur - Good production and an agitator

Fell short of expectations.
Amadeus Lombardi- Looked good every time I have seen him and he is a 4th round pick in his rookie pro season but I was hoping for more than 26 points in 70 games
Albert Johansson - 21 points in 66 points for a 22 yr old 2nd round pick from 2019 draft who is supposed to be a dynamic offensive d-man is disappointing but he has been praised by the coach and Carter Mazur (who called him the Griffs' best defender) for his defense. Every time I watched the Griffs (as well as in camp ovewr the last 2 years), he wasn't very noticeable whereas Edvinnson seemed to always be in the mix.

Dissapointed
Elmer Soderblom - Produced at Kasper's rate but he is 3 years older. Players as big as him usually take a little longer to develop so I still have some hope.
William Wallinder - It is his first season NA but he has played against men at a similar level for years now. I thought of him a large sized Johannson and large sized Johansson should be better than a small-sized one. He is a year younger though. I was thinking that he probably wasn't afforded much PP time and time in offensive situations playing behind Ed and Jo and was hoping he would pick up production when Ed was called up but he didn't.
Cross Hanas - He was one of less than a handful of players who was productive for the Griffs who had a terrible start to the season in 22-23 before getting hurt and then he was injured again and out for the rest of the season a few games after returning. He scored 7 goals and 5 assists in his first 16 games last year before getting injured the first time. He only scored1 more goal and 4 more points than that in 42 more games this year
Antti Tuomisto - A 2nd round pick from 2019. Big with great shot and good puck skills but I don't think there is much else there. I don't understad how he managed to only score 3 goals in 2 seasons at Uof D
Emil Viro - 6 points in 32 games. I guess that there is still hope that he could develop; into a a great skating d-man like Nick Jensen who was older than Viro is when he first turned pro