Prospect Rights Decisions

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
Pop Zeus

Here's the prospects we lose the rights to.
June 1
G Jan Bednar - 22-7-6, 2.66, .901 in Toledo. 6'4 goalie. 21. I'd sign him.
Tnias Mathurin. 51 games 3-14-17 in AHL. Unless this guy has some glorious raw potential I am unaware of, it's probably time to cut bait, despite better production over the last 6 weeks or so.
Theodore Niederbach - 6-7-13 for Modo in the SEL. This guy can't get over the hump. But I might sign him anyway. Either bring him over or loan him to Sweden.
August 15
Cooper Moore - 3-19-22 for Quinnipiac in year 4. He's 23. Probably the only Wings' NCAA prospect worth considering. He's a 6'2 defenseman who skates pretty well. But given the AHL defense is going to have Johansson, Wallinder, Buium, Viro on LD, I probably pass.
Ryan O'Reilly - Never developed. 9-16-15 at age 23-24.
Sam Stange - Only played seven games as a senior, going 0-0-0. Hope he got a degree out of his hockey career.

Out of 100, how much I want to sign:
Bednar - 80
Niederbach - 55
Moore - 35
Mathurin - 0
OReilly - 0
Stange - 0

wyrrlen

I think you're pretty much spot on for this group. Bednar seems like a good signing for his current age and development, give him 3 years and a place to play.

For whatever reason, it seems like things have never clicked the way I thought they would for Niederbach. I was hoping he'd one day be another Nyquist, but he hasn't even panned out to be Dick Axelsson. There's no room for Moore, and no reason to grab any of the others on the list. Mathurin seems early - didn't we just draft him last year? - but he hasn't really shown anything after we threw a flyer of a pick to him.