Trade Debrincat?

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
Pop Zeus

Debrincat has 4 more years at almost $8M a year.
He's a 5'8 RW who's made more than his share of defensive gaffes.
He's got one goal in 20 games.
24 for the season.
He's never been to the playoffs except the COVID playoffs.

If you can find a taker, do you ship him out?

CoconutBackwards

I don't know who would offer much of anything for him after one year of being here.
Throughout history, every old man said the same thing about the younger generation. And old men die, and the world keeps spinnin'.
-Barbrady
dcz28

I would trade him but i don't think many teams can afford him or would give a lot for him.

Yzerman should try and take advantage of Lou being senile now with the Islanders and send them Debrincat, a 1st and a prospect for Dobson. They wanted a scoring winger for years so give them Debrincat and take the RHD the Wings need behind Seider in Dobson.
DelHowLich

dcz28 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:40 pm I would trade him but i don't think many teams can afford him or would give a lot for him.

Yzerman should try and take advantage of Lou being senile now with the Islanders and send them Debrincat, a 1st and a prospect for Dobson. They wanted a scoring winger for years so give them Debrincat and take the RHD the Wings need behind Seider in Dobson.
:lol: You must be drinking the same water I have been drinking! :lol:
Barbrady

Awful signing from day 1. Just awful.
holytoledo

Barbrady wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:40 pm Awful signing from day 1. Just awful.
At least Boston didn’t collapse, but I’d still rather have that first right now and have just kept Kubalik instead of getting Sprong or Fischer.
cska91

Debrincat's biggest contribution thus far was supposedly helping bring Kane to Detroit. I don't think the Wings can move him now without taking it on the chin.
"It doesn't mean shit."
Andrew Copp
DelHowLich

This could be an interesting trade:

"Amidst the chatter of NHL trade rumors, an interesting rumor is emerging between two storied franchises, the Montreal Canadiens and the Detroit Red Wings.
Central to this buzz is speculation regarding a tantalizing exchange: the Canadiens parting ways with defensive prospect Lane Hutson in exchange for the Red Wings' center, Nate Danielson, as noted by Rob Ellis."
holytoledo

DelHowLich wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:53 pm This could be an interesting trade:

"Amidst the chatter of NHL trade rumors, an interesting rumor is emerging between two storied franchises, the Montreal Canadiens and the Detroit Red Wings.
Central to this buzz is speculation regarding a tantalizing exchange: the Canadiens parting ways with defensive prospect Lane Hutson in exchange for the Red Wings' center, Nate Danielson, as noted by Rob Ellis."
Sure, let’s get another LD because we don’t have any of them and we have so many prospects at C we are thinking about asking Danielson to consider a shift to D.
DelHowLich

holytoledo wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:21 pm
DelHowLich wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:53 pm This could be an interesting trade:

Sure, let’s get another LD because we don’t have any of them and we have so many prospects at C we are thinking about asking Danielson to consider a shift to D.
I don't want to trade Danielson, so cool it. Oh and this article said Hutson was a RD. I know he is a left shot. give them Veleno then. :lol: