GDT: Buffalo @ Detroit, 1 p.m., Sunday

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
Pop Zeus

So, Detroit goes from a potential statement game where, after a win against Tampa, they could have beat the Rangers, another good team, solidified their hold on a playoff spot and really felt good going into the final six games.

They couldn't do it.

Now, they're back in to "hold on to dear life" mode.
Detroit's next two games are home against Buffalo and Washington.
If they lose to Buffalo, it leaves very little room for error the rest of the way through. It would set up a massive game against Washington.
If they beat Buffalo and go into the Washington game with some good vibes, they should be OK.

Fil Zaronek

First
dcz28

I think the next 3 games are must win for them and so are the last two against the Habs. They also need to win against the Caps and Pens in regulation to avoid giving them points to hang around.
holytoledo

dcz28 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:59 am I think the next 3 games are must win for them and so are the last two against the Habs. They also need to win against the Caps and Pens in regulation to avoid giving them points to hang around.
That’s 5 of 6 remaining games. If they win all 5 of them it won’t matter much what anyone else does. If they don’t get the 6 easy points against the Habs and the Sabres it probably doesn’t matter what they do in the other 3 games.

If they lose to the Caps or the Pens they could be in trouble.
dcz28

holytoledo wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:11 pm
dcz28 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:59 am I think the next 3 games are must win for them and so are the last two against the Habs. They also need to win against the Caps and Pens in regulation to avoid giving them points to hang around.
That’s 5 of 6 remaining games. If they win all 5 of them it won’t matter much what anyone else does. If they don’t get the 6 easy points against the Habs and the Sabres it probably doesn’t matter what they do in the other 3 games.

That's why i said they need to win those games or at least get a point against the Caps and Pens. I expect them to lose against the Leafs but the other games are winnable. If Larkin hadn't gotten injured or they had a center that could step up and play top 6 and produce, they wouldn't be in this position and probably would be comfortably in a playoff spot or with less worry about falling out. Losing all those games killed them even though they are still in it.
DelHowLich

dcz28 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:25 pm
holytoledo wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:11 pm

That's why i said they need to win those games or at least get a point against the Caps and Pens. I expect them to lose against the Leafs but the other games are winnable. If Larkin hadn't gotten injured or they had a center that could step up and play top 6 and produce, they wouldn't be in this position and probably would be comfortably in a playoff spot or with less worry about falling out. Losing all those games killed them even though they are still in it.
They did battle the Rangers well, if the play the same way they should win!
Machine

Let’s go Red Wings
I’m awaked and baked
Need a win here boys, just keep playing the way you played last game
DelHowLich

Raymond!!!!
DelHowLich

:D SHOWTIME!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wizard of Corsica

Hello Hosers! I took a fall while running in February and had to do a stint on LTIR with a separated shoulder and 2 torn rotator cuffs. I am glad to be back typing again, let's slow this regression to the mean here.