GDT: Detroit @ Carolina, 7:30 p.m.

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
Barbrady

Nice to see Petry followed up passing on a wide open net to win the last game with one of the worst defensive performances in recent history.

Pop Zeus

Watched the highlights. Lots of bogus defense from Seider, Chiarot and Petry. Although the forwards didn't offer much support.
DelHowLich

Petry a -3, and Holl had no negative appearances skating for 13:34, 2 SOG, 2 hits, 1 blk.
Stevie_Wings

Yet Petry played the second most minutes in this game behind only Larkin. It blows my mind that Petry could be the most utilized Dman on this team when the team is fighting for their playoff lives. This is all on Lalonde; there's no accountability on his part, all he does is talk about 'underlying numbers' after the teams gets outplayed. Those are things you talk about in November, not with 9 games left in the season.
I'm disappointed how the season played out after some exciting hockey until February. I was fine with most of the offseason moves if it actually made a difference but this is the 2nd straight collapse around the trade deadline and the team just isn't built to handle that type pf pressure yet.
I'd be more disappointed if Yzerman didn't make any significant changes this offseason; whether that's upgrading the D, coaching change or infusing some youth into the lineup.
Pop Zeus

Geez. Rasmussen sucked.
He stops skating on goal 1 allowing the set up man to get open.
He's deked on goal 2 leading to Seider get caught out of position and Chiarot being forced to take the guy who sets up a wide open shooter.

On goal 3, Fabbri coughs it up in the neutral zone. Everyone's blaming Petry, but Fabbri doesn't take anyone. Chiarot takes his guy in the corner. Fabrri's gotta get the puck carrier. He doesn't attempt it until way too late.

Goal 4 is just Reimer being Reimer.