With this group, the playoffs don't matter

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
Pop Zeus

Who cares if they make the the playoffs and get ejected in 5 games by the Panthers?

Is it a building block?
Not really. Not really at all. Not when the guys who lead the way are 28-29-30-32-35 etc.
Not when nearly all the prospects - the central pieces of the rebuild - are in Grand Rapids, junior or Europe.
The rebuild has gone backwards this year at the NHL level despite the improvement of Raymond.
Veleno is still the same. Rasmussen is the same.
Berggren went from a promising 57-game stint to 12 games, a scratch and rumored to have turned down a contract and asked for a trade.
Soderblom went from a guy who scored at a 20-goal clip in limited minutes to a guy who's taken a step back in the AHL.

At this point it's starting to look unlikely Edvinsson will repeat his nine-game stin.
Zero games for Johansson.

Now, if we didn't sign Kane, Sprong, Holl and Petry and we were getting to the playoffs with Burgers, Sods, Edvisonon and Johansson taking regular shifts, I'd be happy about this.
I'd be talking about Yzerman doing a great job.

But we're not.
This is like Seattle making the playoffs.
When this team play a high temp, hard forechecking game, they can beat NHL teams - especially those coming in and taking a night off.
But you can say that about any other team in the league.

Barbrady

Pretty optimistic outlook if you think they'd steal one game from the Panthers.
Machine

If
If they get in, i dont see this team as an upsetter
I think Yzerman took a swing with some UFAs and yeah it’s paid off a bit
I really want to see more youth next year