Will the Wings make the playoffs?

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.

Will the Wings make the playoffs?

Yes, comfortably.
10%
Yes, they'll squeak in.
52%
No, miss it by that much.
33%
No, not even close.
5%

Total votes: 21
DelHowLich

Yes, but by the hair on Larkin's chinny chin chin!

Duke

I voted yes, they’ll just squeak in.
I’m trying to think positively through this brutal losing streak! 😁
cska91

I think they will make it in comfortably. It's a long season... rarely do even the top teams go through a season without a down streak. The Wings can go on a winning streak at any point, hopefully starting tonight.

Also, how many members does this board have? Nineteen votes through two days in response to a critical and urgent question about the projected future of this franchise is a sadly low and lowly sad turnout.
"It doesn't mean shit."
Andrew Copp
CoconutBackwards

cska91 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:03 pm I think they will make it in comfortably. It's a long season... rarely do even the top teams go through a season without a down streak. The Wings can go on a winning streak at any point, hopefully starting tonight.

Also, how many members does this board have? Nineteen votes through two days in response to a critical and urgent question about the projected future of this franchise is a sadly low and lowly sad turnout.
Meh.

I'm fine with the community we have here.

I know we don't want this place to turn into a shit hole like the Reddit page.
Throughout history, every old man said the same thing about the younger generation. And old men die, and the world keeps spinnin'.
-Barbrady
EuroMan

It's unlikely that they will continue losing and other teams will continue winning. Also, Larkin will be back to help. They are still in a decent spot with a better schedule than others fighting for the same spots.
Machine

EuroMan wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:15 pm It's unlikely that they will continue losing and other teams will continue winning. Also, Larkin will be back to help. They are still in a decent spot with a better schedule than others fighting for the same spots.
I’m hoping you’re right
I need some meaningful games down the stretch
dcz28

I voted squeak in but i could still see them just missing it. I would have felt better about their chances had Yzerman actually added a top 4 RHD at the deadline. You can't expect good defense with Chiarot and Petry as the 2nd pair. I like Yzerman as the GM for the most part but for someone who played with Lidstrom for so long, he is clueless about defensemen and the need for some grit and toughness to the lineup. He also seems to be clueless about what a 2nd line center should produce with a long list of failures there too with Filppula, Suter, Copp and to a lesser extent Compher. Copp is the 3rd highest paid player on the team right now...let that one sink in. Obviously that will change this summer but still.
Pop Zeus

dcz28 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:52 pm I voted squeak in but i could still see them just missing it. I would have felt better about their chances had Yzerman actually added a top 4 RHD at the deadline. You can't expect good defense with Chiarot and Petry as the 2nd pair. I like Yzerman as the GM for the most part but for someone who played with Lidstrom for so long, he is clueless about defensemen and the need for some grit and toughness to the lineup. He also seems to be clueless about what a 2nd line center should produce with a long list of failures there too with Filppula, Suter, Copp and to a lesser extent Compher. Copp is the 3rd highest paid player on the team right now...let that one sink in. Obviously that will change this summer but still.
Chiarot is the 2nd best Dman on the team. Some games he's better than Seider/
dcz28

Pop Zeus wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:44 am
dcz28 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:52 pm I voted squeak in but i could still see them just missing it. I would have felt better about their chances had Yzerman actually added a top 4 RHD at the deadline. You can't expect good defense with Chiarot and Petry as the 2nd pair. I like Yzerman as the GM for the most part but for someone who played with Lidstrom for so long, he is clueless about defensemen and the need for some grit and toughness to the lineup. He also seems to be clueless about what a 2nd line center should produce with a long list of failures there too with Filppula, Suter, Copp and to a lesser extent Compher. Copp is the 3rd highest paid player on the team right now...let that one sink in. Obviously that will change this summer but still.
That's debatable. Majority of games Seider is better. If you talk impact for the team, Ghost is better just from his offense which is top 20 for defensemen in the league. Maatta tops the Wings defense in +/- with a +15 with 1 more point than Chiarot. I'm not trying to shit on Chiarot since he has been better than last season but he still takes too many offensive risks for very little reward. Last game i even saw him pull an Ericsson and chase a guy across the ice on Petry's side at center ice.

My point was mainly that these two as a pairing are complete shit and as the 2nd pairing it's even worst. Worst than that is on the road when the Wings can't hide them away from the other teams top line...they get lit up.
DelHowLich

dcz28 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:15 am
Pop Zeus wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:44 am
That's debatable. Majority of games Seider is better. If you talk impact for the team, Ghost is better just from his offense which is top 20 for defensemen in the league. Maatta tops the Wings defense in +/- with a +15 with 1 more point than Chiarot. I'm not trying to shit on Chiarot since he has been better than last season but he still takes too many offensive risks for very little reward. Last game i even saw him pull an Ericsson and chase a guy across the ice on Petry's side at center ice.

My point was mainly that these two as a pairing are complete shit and as the 2nd pairing it's even worst. Worst than that is on the road when the Wings can't hide them away from the other teams top line...they get lit up.
Buy out or trade both Holl and Petry. 1st, Kick the tires on FA's Pesce, Tyler Myers under$3M x 2 Dylan DeMelo, Matt Roy and maybe 2nd trade for younger RD, Broberg or Boqvist.