Is Vancouver Soft if they don't go after Walman?

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
Pop Zeus

It was only a matter of time
https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/n ... s-up-again
The code calls for many things — some less understandable than others.

A slap shot into an empty net resulted in a cross-check to the head and a five-game suspension.

So what kind of response — if any — does a dance dubbed ‘The Griddy’ warrant after an overtime winner?
After discussing the Ridly Greig-Morgan Rielly incident on the latest 32 Thoughts podcast, Sportsnet insiders Elliotte Friedman and Jeff Marek turned to the Canucks.

“Do you think anyone is considering the Vancouver Canucks soft for not reacting to Jake Walman … for hitting ‘The Griddy’ on the overtime winner”? asked Marek.

Replied Friedman: “I have, no doubt, heard from people who said they should have done something about that — or the next time they play should do something about that.”

JimIsJustPlainOld

If that's the case, then anybody who celebrates a goal by doing something other than just doing a group hug with their on ice mates should pay a price. What about a player on the road who scores a goal, then skates by the glass taunting the home fans by spreading their arms out with a look what I did expression. Or sometimes, a road player scores, then goes and bangs the glass taunting the home fans. C'mon PZ, you're letting your personal dislike of what he does get to you. I think it looks silly, but it's no big deal.
Slapper

Give me a break. Was this any worse that Avery’s push ups, Benn’s snapping the stick or Hejduk’s dive and swim? No! Just too many “insiders” being asked their opinion. Walman did it before and nothing, but everyone is worked up over the Rielly suspension. Play fucking hockey and if Vancouver goons it up, they’ll pay for it on the PP. Just a load of made up drama

Also Vancouver maybe shouldn’t blow a lead like the did and then cross check a guy in the back as he’s on a breakaway in OT, next time.
DocBrown

Willing to bet PZ is nowhere near a PPG beer roller hockey player and is jealous of all the scoring and celebrations that go on around him.
1.21 gigawatts! 1.21 gigawatts. Great Scott!
Pop Zeus

JimIsJustPlainOld wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:17 pm If that's the case, then anybody who celebrates a goal by doing something other than just doing a group hug with their on ice mates should pay a price. What about a player on the road who scores a goal, then skates by the glass taunting the home fans by spreading their arms out with a look what I did expression. Or sometimes, a road player scores, then goes and bangs the glass taunting the home fans. C'mon PZ, you're letting your personal dislike of what he does get to you. I think it looks silly, but it's no big deal.
There's a difference between a spontaneous celly and a planned dance kove.
He should do it if he's willing to take the beating that will eventually come.
Pop Zeus

DocBrown wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:59 pm Willing to bet PZ is nowhere near a PPG beer roller hockey player and is jealous of all the scoring and celebrations that go on around him.
Not roller. Ball.
We run!
And I'm well over 1 PPG over 400 games since 2017... But it's ball hockey. Anyone gets a PPG of they are decent. It's petty good for a 53 year old dman🤣
And no, the only goal o celebrate is a late game tying or winning goal...if my team scores it of course.
Pop Zeus

Slapper wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:37 pm Give me a break. Was this any worse that Avery’s push ups, Benn’s snapping the stick or Hejduk’s dive and swim? No! Just too many “insiders” being asked their opinion. Walman did it before and nothing, but everyone is worked up over the Rielly suspension. Play fucking hockey and if Vancouver goons it up, they’ll pay for it on the PP. Just a load of made up drama

Also Vancouver maybe shouldn’t blow a lead like the did and then cross check a guy in the back as he’s on a breakaway in OT, next time.
It's been bullshit since the first time me did it. But second and beyond is worthy of getting smashed.
Barbrady

A 53 year old man fantasizing about an NHLer getting his ass beat for celebrating a goal while bragging about his own ball hockey stats is some of the saddest divorced guy loser shit I've ever seen on the internet. So hilariously pathetic.
Pop Zeus

Barbrady wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:24 am A 53 year old man fantasizing about an NHLer getting his ass beat for celebrating a goal while bragging about his own ball hockey stats is some of the saddest divorced guy loser shit I've ever seen on the internet. So hilariously pathetic.
LOL.
That's the best you got.
Aw.

The NHL ain't the NFL, twatnozzle.
NHLers around the league understood why it was classless to take a slapper at an empty net.
NHLers know why Walman deserves a shot in the head.
But your probably one of those dipshits that thought it was OK for Kronall to hide behind the ref after delivering head shot after head shot.
Slapper

The IIHF and the NHL just announced a new rule that all leagues at every age level must follow. There will be no more celebrating goals, players are not even allowed to smile. They score, they must immediately return to center ice, and they are not allowed to show any emotion. Only exception to the rule is for 50+ year old men who still play middle school floor hockey.