Trade Deadline

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
DelHowLich

"The Bruins reportedly had a trade in place sending 2023 Vezina Trophy winner Linus Ullmark out of town before the deadline, but the deal was blocked by Ullmark’s 16-team no-trade list, Kevin Weekes of ESPN said on “The Point” on Friday. According to Weekes, the team was on Ullmark’s no-trade list due to “geography.”"

dcz28

Pop Zeus wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:12 pm Yzerman was in on Erik Johnson
I would imagine he was trying to give them Holl just to be rid of him and Johnson this summer because Johnson sucks just as much as Holl.
Zattaman

Dumba to Tampa for only a 5th?

Man, that guy's career has been on the decline.
DelHowLich

Hertl to Vegas???
Slapper

DelHowLich wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:21 pm "The Bruins reportedly had a trade in place sending 2023 Vezina Trophy winner Linus Ullmark out of town before the deadline, but the deal was blocked by Ullmark’s 16-team no-trade list, Kevin Weekes of ESPN said on “The Point” on Friday. According to Weekes, the team was on Ullmark’s no-trade list due to “geography.”"
Edmonton, had to be Edmonton. Or maybe Calgary.
JimIsJustPlainOld

Slapper wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:06 pm
DelHowLich wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:21 pm "The Bruins reportedly had a trade in place sending 2023 Vezina Trophy winner Linus Ullmark out of town before the deadline, but the deal was blocked by Ullmark’s 16-team no-trade list, Kevin Weekes of ESPN said on “The Point” on Friday. According to Weekes, the team was on Ullmark’s no-trade list due to “geography.”"
Edmonton, had to be Edmonton. Or maybe Calgary.
Bruins thought they had a deal with the Kings, but that's when Ullmark vetoed it. Didn't want to go to California.
Pop Zeus

Unless he was going to get a snarly RD, I'm 100 percent for standing pat.
I like Kostin, but the coach didn't.
-
The Wings have to be kind of cautious about taking on salary. So trading the farm for a 30 year old in search of a 7 year deal seems insane.

We can afford to sign Kane, sign Sprong.
Detroit has to trade Mattaa in the offseason and make room for Edvinsson.

Sprong Larkin Raymond
Debrincat Compher Kane
Rasmussen Copp Fischer
Berggren Veleno Fabbri

Berggren-mazur-soderblom battling for a spot

Walman Seider
Chiarot Petry
Edvinsson Holl (if not bought out)

Husso Lyon

Probably dropping back a little bit next season.

---
The next year, another prospect comes in for Fabbri
Mazur plays for Fischer.'

Petry Retires.
Chiarot shifts to RD in his final year. Johansson or Wallinder play.

It's really hard to see the progress unless one of these kids really step up.
wyrrlen

Matta has at times stabilized Hronek, Gostisbehere, Oesterle, and Chiarot. He seems like the perfect guy to partner with Edvinsson next year to work out all of the rookie jitters. I would suspect that the Wings either buyout or trade Holl while letting Gostisbehere parlay this year into a multiyear contract somewhere else.

Kostin's departure didn't really surprise me. Maybe we can turn that 7th rounder into another Emmit Finnie in the offseason.
Pop Zeus

wyrrlen wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:38 pm Matta has at times stabilized Hronek, Gostisbehere, Oesterle, and Chiarot. He seems like the perfect guy to partner with Edvinsson next year to work out all of the rookie jitters. I would suspect that the Wings either buyout or trade Holl while letting Gostisbehere parlay this year into a multiyear contract somewhere else.

Kostin's departure didn't really surprise me. Maybe we can turn that 7th rounder into another Emmit Finnie in the offseason.
Emmit Finnie doesn't get talked about enough
dcz28

Pop Zeus wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:28 pm Unless he was going to get a snarly RD, I'm 100 percent for standing pat.
I like Kostin, but the coach didn't.
-
The Wings have to be kind of cautious about taking on salary. So trading the farm for a 30 year old in search of a 7 year deal seems insane.

We can afford to sign Kane, sign Sprong.
Detroit has to trade Mattaa in the offseason and make room for Edvinsson.

Sprong Larkin Raymond
Debrincat Compher Kane
Rasmussen Copp Fischer
Berggren Veleno Fabbri

Berggren-mazur-soderblom battling for a spot

Walman Seider
Chiarot Petry
Edvinsson Holl (if not bought out)

Husso Lyon

Probably dropping back a little bit next season.

---
The next year, another prospect comes in for Fabbri
Mazur plays for Fischer.'

Petry Retires.
Chiarot shifts to RD in his final year. Johansson or Wallinder play.

It's really hard to see the progress unless one of these kids really step up.
That has to be the softest roster in the entire NHL. I guess it's going to take years (or a bunch of Larkin head injuries) before Yzerman figures out he needs to add some nasty muscle to this team. He doesn't mind that teams can easily intimidate them and push them around while they beat the crap out of them physically and on the scoreboard.