Trade Deadline

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
DelHowLich

JimIsJustPlainOld wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:22 pm
Slapper wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:06 pm
DelHowLich wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:21 pm "The Bruins reportedly had a trade in place sending 2023 Vezina Trophy winner Linus Ullmark out of town before the deadline, but the deal was blocked by Ullmark’s 16-team no-trade list, Kevin Weekes of ESPN said on “The Point” on Friday. According to Weekes, the team was on Ullmark’s no-trade list due to “geography.”"
Edmonton, had to be Edmonton. Or maybe Calgary.
Bruins thought they had a deal with the Kings, but that's when Ullmark vetoed it. Didn't want to go to California.
I thought it was LA.

DelHowLich

dcz28 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:14 pm
Pop Zeus wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:28 pm Unless he was going to get a snarly RD, I'm 100 percent for standing pat.
I like Kostin, but the coach didn't.
-
The Wings have to be kind of cautious about taking on salary. So trading the farm for a 30 year old in search of a 7 year deal seems insane.

We can afford to sign Kane, sign Sprong.
Detroit has to trade Mattaa in the offseason and make room for Edvinsson.

Sprong Larkin Raymond
Debrincat Compher Kane
Rasmussen Copp Fischer
Berggren Veleno Fabbri

Berggren-mazur-soderblom battling for a spot

Walman Seider
Chiarot Petry
Edvinsson Holl (if not bought out)

Husso Lyon

Probably dropping back a little bit next season.

---
The next year, another prospect comes in for Fabbri
Mazur plays for Fischer.'

Petry Retires.
Chiarot shifts to RD in his final year. Johansson or Wallinder play.

It's really hard to see the progress unless one of these kids really step up.
That has to be the softest roster in the entire NHL. I guess it's going to take years (or a bunch of Larkin head injuries) before Yzerman figures out he needs to add some nasty muscle to this team. He doesn't mind that teams can easily intimidate them and push them around while they beat the crap out of them physically and on the scoreboard.
They have enrolled Soderblom into MMA training. :lol:
Machine

We need a power forward
Going to probably trade or draft one though
Sign Mantha lolololol
Machine

Man I really want to see Vegas get knocked out
holytoledo

wyrrlen wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:38 pm Matta has at times stabilized Hronek, Gostisbehere, Oesterle, and Chiarot. He seems like the perfect guy to partner with Edvinsson next year to work out all of the rookie jitters. I would suspect that the Wings either buyout or trade Holl while letting Gostisbehere parlay this year into a multiyear contract somewhere else.

Kostin's departure didn't really surprise me. Maybe we can turn that 7th rounder into another Emmit Finnie in the offseason.
He really falls off when he plays his offside IMO.
DelHowLich

NJ gets another goalie for cheap at the deadline. Kaapo Kahkonen to New Jersey and Vitek Vanecek to San Jose with a 7th. I would bet Kaapo was not going to re-sign in SJ, so they traded for a goalie with term and will hold him captive for another year.
Could have traded Husso for Kaapo.....but Ville has that pesky NTC
cska91

Well, none of my wishes was granted. I don't think it's catastrophic. Moving Berggren for some questionable return would have been worse. But a third for Allen seemed like a reasonable price to pay for some security in goal. Not like that they are going to draft a star player with that pick, given their track record.

I guess the fact they stood pat is a sign they are going to sign a lot of their UFAs and also that Yzerman doesn't think this team is a real contender, but good enough to make the playoffs as is.
"It doesn't mean shit."
Andrew Copp
Pop Zeus

cska91 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:27 pm Well, none of my wishes was granted. I don't think it's catastrophic. Moving Berggren for some questionable return would have been worse. But a third for Allen seemed like a reasonable price to pay for some security in goal. Not like that they are going to draft a star player with that pick, given their track record.

I guess the fact they stood pat is a sign they are going to sign a lot of their UFAs and also that Yzerman doesn't think this team is a real contender, but good enough to make the playoffs as is.
Right.
Which forward deserves to lose his job to a newcomer?
Which D?
Trade deadline moves can destroy team chemistry
Fil Zaronek

Slapper wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:19 am
Fil Zaronek wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:32 pm
Slapper wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:51 pm Hell no to Zegras. He’s the biggest coward in the NHL, Wings don’t need a pussy ass chicken shit, like that on the team
Why do you say he is a coward? I have never seen him being cowardly.
Back at the end of the 21/22 season, Zegras cried like a bitch about Jay Beagle handing it to Troy Terry, after Zegras caused the scrum. Tells me he’s a bitch. It’s ok for him to score Michigan goals in a 5-0 route and dig at the puck after the goalie covered it, but then when it’s time to stand up for his actions, he goes full cry baby to the media. Fuck him, he’s softer than puppy shit.
I don't see any bitch crying, anything cowardly about anything he did or anything wrong with trying to dig at the puck if it might be loose even if it is 5-0. I said I would give up Raymond straight up and have reconsidered since but would definitely be interested in the off season. I think he will be a high impact player. Wings will be drafting somewhere in the middle of the round, I wonder if a first would do it.