U of M National Champs

All non-hockey sports talk here.
CoconutBackwards

I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

That scumbag Harbaugh will more than likely be gone soon (good riddance). I assume whatever sanctions and penalties are coming are gonna cripple U of M for years, so I'm really taking in the state of MSU and OSU's programs right now.

Throughout history, every old man said the same thing about the younger generation. And old men die, and the world keeps spinnin'.
-Barbrady
Pop Zeus

CoconutBackwards wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:12 pm I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

That scumbag Harbaugh will more than likely be gone soon (good riddance). I assume whatever sanctions and penalties are coming are gonna cripple U of M for years, so I'm really taking in the state of MSU and OSU's programs right now.
To me, Harbaugh is loony. But a scumbag??
Michigan won its national championship That's a giant feat. He can pretty much coach here as long as he wants if he stays out of legal trouble or doesn't upset the DEI gods.
JimIsJustPlainOld

My son told me that the "signal stealing" that Harbaugh and Michigan is accused of is a complete phony. The NCAA is after Harbaugh because behind the scenes he's an advocate for players getting paid some sort of stipend.
CoconutBackwards

Pop Zeus wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:18 pm
CoconutBackwards wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:12 pm I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

To me, Harbaugh is loony. But a scumbag??
Michigan won its national championship That's a giant feat. He can pretty much coach here as long as he wants if he stays out of legal trouble or doesn't upset the DEI gods.
Yes. Scumbag of the highest order.

I don't know how he's gonna stay out of legal trouble considering the RAMPANT cheating he's been a part of.
Throughout history, every old man said the same thing about the younger generation. And old men die, and the world keeps spinnin'.
-Barbrady
CoconutBackwards

JimIsJustPlainOld wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:14 am My son told me that the "signal stealing" that Harbaugh and Michigan is accused of is a complete phony. The NCAA is after Harbaugh because behind the scenes he's an advocate for players getting paid some sort of stipend.
It's not phony.

It was 100% illegal and they got caught doing it.
-Barbrady
_sg_

I actually think the cheating stuff was relatively serious - I can't recall a ton of other incidents in CFB that had to do with the actual integrity of competition.

I think the days of serious punishment for these types of things are over, and they realized that. The B1G issued what amounts to a 12 hour suspension for Harbaugh, and I don't expect the NCAA to do much either. My guess is they're continuing with the operation or have fired up a similar one - why wouldn't they?

From a pure entertainment POV, there are a lot of loose ends I'd like to see resolved, but the media's moved on, and I don't think we'll get to the bottom of some of those things.
DocBrown

The top players are millionaires now. They used to be abused tools of university wealth. How did pathetic Ryan Day get all that talent this offseason after getting trounced by Michigan three years in a row. There are no limits to NIL, it's the wild west.
1.21 gigawatts! 1.21 gigawatts. Great Scott!
CoconutBackwards

The scumbag is gone.

Good riddance, shit head.
-Barbrady