Perron's suspension

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
EuroMan

First suspension in over a 1000 game career! 6 games? I honestly hate how inconsistent NHL Player Safety department is and no one is doing anything about it or calling them out.

ESPN Link: https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/390 ... -games-pay

Brono

Perron should have just pulled a trouba and slashed him in the face
Barbrady

Wonder if it's less if he retaliates against the right person.
_sg_

There's going to be an appeal (strange in its own right as that feels like an NHLPA v. NHLPA situation), so I wonder if this is one of those things where the NHL wants to look serious but knows 6 won't be the final number.

Dick move by Perron but there are much cheaper things than "here i come to whack you in the face", and they've been penalized less harshly
winged wheel

I'm pretty sure Walsh is Perron's agent, but he makes this point. I read the NHLPA plans on appealing. Six games seems pretty high for somebody who's never been suspended and considering the Ottawa player wasn't injured nor even asked to leave the game by the spotters. I thought Perron would get 3 or 4 games.

Pop Zeus

Barbrady wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:35 am Wonder if it's less if he retaliates against the right person.
His agent is criticizing the league.
One thing I'd say is in the case of Matthews and Malkin, they were engaged with a guy who'd hit them.
Perron attacked a guy who didn't do anything to him.
Zub didn't even hit Larkin. In fact, it looked like Zub rose his hand to notify officials that Larkin was hurt.
Duke

Pop Zeus wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:07 am
Barbrady wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:35 am Wonder if it's less if he retaliates against the right person.
His agent is criticizing the league.
One thing I'd say is in the case of Matthews and Malkin, they were engaged with a guy who'd hit them.
Perron attacked a guy who didn't do anything to him.
Zub didn't even hit Larkin. In fact, it looked like Zub rose his hand to notify officials that Larkin was hurt.
I think this had a lot to do with the decision. Zub was completely vulnerable due to having no reason to expect he would get attacked. And it did look as if he was trying to notify the benches that Larkin needed help.
CoconutBackwards

Oh well.

It's pointless comparing this with anything that's happened in the past.

The NHL is gonna do what they want with the suspensions.
Throughout history, every old man said the same thing about the younger generation. And old men die, and the world keeps spinnin'.
-Barbrady
holytoledo

Our captain got knocked the fuck out. This should have turned into an enormous donnybrook with a goalie fight, guys leaving the benches, the murder of any visiting fans and a road trip to Ottawa to rape and pillage. Peron got suspended for having a pair of nuts that stands out like a sore thumb on a team full of pussies. Bob Probert is rolling in his grave over this.
Pop Zeus

holytoledo wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:06 pm Our captain got knocked the fuck out. This should have turned into an enormous donnybrook with a goalie fight, guys leaving the benches, the murder of any visiting fans and a road trip to Ottawa to rape and pillage. Peron got suspended for having a pair of nuts that stands out like a sore thumb on a team full of pussies. Bob Probert is rolling in his grave over this.
Crosschecking Zub, the guy with his hand in the air notifying them about Larkin's situation, in the head, is bogus.
Go after PO Joseph or the other guy who hit Larkin.