Suck a Weenie for Celebrini - 2024 Draft

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
DelHowLich

holytoledo wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:02 am Our prospect pool is looking pretty good except for the lack of elite talent. I think the depth we have there puts us in a great spot to take a big swing. I can see a lot of teams staying away from Chernysov. If he’s available when we pick he’s probably my top target. I like Hage and Boisvert too. I don’t want to use our first on a D this year. Between Seider, Edvinsson, ASP, Wallinder & Gibson we’ve got enough there. Larkin & Raymond are arguably the only top 6 players in the org under 30. Kasper, Danielson & Berggren all have a shot there - and a few others - but we’re still really lacking in the forward pipeline overall.
I would chose Jiricek, Because there is such a demand for RD in the league that if the Wings have too many, there is a VERY high demand for that position that they can be traded for a VERY good return.

holytoledo

DelHowLich wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:18 am
holytoledo wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:02 am Our prospect pool is looking pretty good except for the lack of elite talent. I think the depth we have there puts us in a great spot to take a big swing. I can see a lot of teams staying away from Chernysov. If he’s available when we pick he’s probably my top target. I like Hage and Boisvert too. I don’t want to use our first on a D this year. Between Seider, Edvinsson, ASP, Wallinder & Gibson we’ve got enough there. Larkin & Raymond are arguably the only top 6 players in the org under 30. Kasper, Danielson & Berggren all have a shot there - and a few others - but we’re still really lacking in the forward pipeline overall.
I would chose Jiricek, Because there is such a demand for RD in the league that if the Wings have too many, there is a VERY high demand for that position that they can be traded for a VERY good return.
We say that around here, but are we really seeing many of those trades?
DelHowLich

holytoledo wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:10 am
We say that around here, but are we really seeing many of those trades?
Adam Jiricek, David's undrafted little bro! :lol:
Pop Zeus

What'd we get for Hronek?
A mid first and late second?
holytoledo

Pop Zeus wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:30 pm
First and a 4th I think.
holytoledo

holytoledo wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:44 pm
DelHowLich wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:18 am I would chose Jiricek, Because there is such a demand for RD in the league that if the Wings have too many, there is a VERY high demand for that position that they can be traded for a VERY good return.
First and a 4th I think.
Nah, you were right. ASP and Felix Nillson 2023 #43 overall.
holytoledo

holytoledo wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:45 pm
holytoledo wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:44 pm

First and a 4th I think.
Nah, you were right. ASP and Felix Nillson 2023 #43 overall.
43 was traded to Nashville on some other deal.
holytoledo

Tankathon has us picking Iginla at 13th now. I’d be happy with that.
Pop Zeus

holytoledo wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:13 pm Tankathon has us picking Iginla at 13th now. I’d be happy with that.
I like the idea, but I really know nothing about him.
Always wanted Iginla in Detroit.
holytoledo

Starting to really love the idea of taking a literally big swing at this guy with our first.

https://theathletic.com/5356320/2024/03 ... -prospect/

I think his stock will soar before the draft. May not even be there when we pick, but if so, the upside is huge.

A Soderblom with wheels that’s more skilled that Soderblom was at his age.

Imagine sending out Ras - Leteorneau - Soderblom with Seider & Edvinsson.