Off Topic - But Not Politics

Non hockey talk
Pop Zeus

Zattaman wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:12 pm Are any of you on PC and have been getting warnings from youtube about adblockers? So far, I'm only getting annoying pop-ups. But, I know they also issue 3-strikes-you're-out warnings.

I never browse yt on mobile and didn't realize how many goddamn ads there are. Start of the video, middle of the video, some unskippable, some a minute long... good grief. If this continues, I guess I won't be using YT.
3 strikes and what?
They'll ban you?

Pop Zeus

WingFanInA2

Zattaman wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:12 pm Are any of you on PC and have been getting warnings from youtube about adblockers? So far, I'm only getting annoying pop-ups. But, I know they also issue 3-strikes-you're-out warnings.

I never browse yt on mobile and didn't realize how many goddamn ads there are. Start of the video, middle of the video, some unskippable, some a minute long... good grief. If this continues, I guess I won't be using YT.
I get those occasionally when browsing with Brave. I just click through it and move on. The ads are ridiculous on that platform now.
DocBrown

I watch so much YouTube I buy the premium no ad plan. I seem to recall some kind of package with YT music when it got the Play Music migration from Android play store.
The woke mind virus consists of creating very divisive identity politics, amplifies racism, amplifies sexism and all of the -isms while claiming to do the opposite. It actually divides people and makes them hate each other and hate themselves--Musk
Barbrady

Lions 6-2 headed into the bye week. Kirk Cousins out for the year with torn Achilles. Packers and Bears suck. Exactly 30 years since their last division win...
Zattaman

Pop Zeus wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:34 pm

3 strikes and what?
They'll ban you?
It says my video player will be blocked. I thought I could fool it by switching to a different browser (Edge) where I'm logged off my Google/YT account. So, they can't track me as a registered user, but I still got the pop-up. I guess they could track the IP. Or, maybe they're just full of shit, but I'm not brave enough to test it. For now, I've updated my uBlock Origin and that seems to have fixed the issue.
Machine

I read somewhere, a tech site maybe, that YouTube was playing hardball with ad blocking
I don’t know I only check YouTube out if it’s a link someone posted or sent
Pop Zeus

Youtube is already losing value by the day with all their absurd censorship.
JimIsJustPlainOld

Wishing a great Veterans Day to any of my fellow Vets today. Thanks for your service.
DocBrown

How many scholarships does $77M buy?
The woke mind virus consists of creating very divisive identity politics, amplifies racism, amplifies sexism and all of the -isms while claiming to do the opposite. It actually divides people and makes them hate each other and hate themselves--Musk