GDT: Stanley Cup Playoffs

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
JimIsJustPlainOld

hiramnicak wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 1:02 am shame for mcdavid and draisaitl.

Their failure is not different than the Toronto boys. All that offensive power and it got them nowhere. As for Vegas, Bruce Cassidy has a chance to coach a Cup winning team after he got canned from Boston for not getting them a Stanley Cup. As of now, the final five teams, only two have won a Cup, Dallas and Carolina. And that is only one Cup each. Good chance we're going to see a first time Cup winner. I think Florida vs Vegas in the Final.

hiramnicak

JimIsJustPlainOld wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 1:50 am

Their failure is not different than the Toronto boys. All that offensive power and it got them nowhere. As for Vegas, Bruce Cassidy has a chance to coach a Cup winning team after he got canned from Boston for not getting them a Stanley Cup. As of now, the final five teams, only two have won a Cup, Dallas and Carolina. And that is only one Cup each. Good chance we're going to see a first time Cup winner. I think Florida vs Vegas in the Final.
mcdrai: 38 points
toronto4: 43 points

i have no sympathy for toronto’s stars. mcdavid and draisaitl deserve a better supporting cast.
DelHowLich

Jay hates Soupy:
"The Oilers got shaky goaltending from Calder Trophy finalist Stuart Skinner, who got the hook in Game 7 for the third time in this series. It raised questions over why head coach Jay Woodcroft didn’t at least give Jack Campbell a start against Vegas. Campbell relieved Skinner four times in this postseason, finishing with a 1.01 goals-against average and a .961 save percentage."
Goodbye Jay!
holytoledo

As much as I hate the Leafs an Oilers - Leafs shootout with the Leafs suffering a crushing defeat in game 7 would have been a lot of fun.
WingFanInA2

holytoledo wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 8:42 pm
As much as I hate the Leafs an Oilers - Leafs shootout with the Leafs suffering a crushing defeat in game 7 would have been a lot of fun.
It would but then you’d be hearing about all the calms that went against the Leafs and other conspiracy theories…. Kinda like now?
Pop Zeus

holytoledo wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 8:42 pm
McDavid-Drai-Kane-Nuge
vs
Matthews-Marner-Tavares-Nylander

Would have been a fun finals.

In retrospect, that Tavares contract looks kind of shitty. And the shit years are just getting started.
Toronto turned it into high gear too soon.
They went after Babcock too soon. Should have waited 2-3 years before bringing him in.
They went after a Tavares type too soon.
Pop Zeus

The kid.
2-0 Dallas
JimIsJustPlainOld

Final score, Dallas 2 Seattle 1. Dallas going to Vegas. Game 1 Friday night.

Florida at Carolina Thursday night.
DocBrown

That backhand flip is unfortunately not even on Zadina radar. One young kid with puck skills the other with next to none.
The woke mind virus consists of creating very divisive identity politics, amplifies racism, amplifies sexism and all of the -isms while claiming to do the opposite. It actually divides people and makes them hate each other and hate themselves--Musk
DelHowLich

Well, we got Cossa instead of Wyatt, it does not seem like e got the better player right now, and Cossa cost 3 picks to boot!