Politics BS (Keep It In Here)

Non hockey talk
Duke

This is a thread for all you know-it-alls who want to spew your BS, your political party talking points and your cherry picked facts that “prove” your narrative… this thread is for you. Have at it!

Let’s keep our HOCKEY THREADS clean from this non-hockey crap, please. (Yes, I’m begging you!)

Barbrady

It is hilarious a thread about Larkin and Bertuzzi devolved into rants about trans people. Terminally online, brain broken, dipshit reactionaries can't go 5 minutes without inserting their parroted takes from conservative media on the lastest culture war wedge issue into any conversation.
EuroMan

People wants to be divided and it is unfortunate. I am an electric car journalist and even there people managed to be divided within that small niche with Elon Musk playing the role of Donald Trump.
EuroMan

Also, it's one of the reasons why I have decided to move out of the United States after living here for 30 years.
blueadams

Barbrady wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:09 pm It is hilarious a thread about Larkin and Bertuzzi devolved into rants about trans people. Terminally online, brain broken, dipshit reactionaries can't go 5 minutes without inserting their parroted takes from conservative media on the lastest culture war wedge issue into any conversation.
Excuse me? You were asked a very simple, intelligent question several days ago and still have yet to answer (beyond ignoring the question, running away to another thread, and name-calling like a 10yr old on the spectrum).

One policy of Trump's that was bad for the country. Name it. Explain why it was bad. PLEASE.

STILL VERY EAGERLY awaiting your response.
blueadams

EuroMan wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:14 pm People wants to be divided and it is unfortunate. I am an electric car journalist and even there people managed to be divided within that small niche with Elon Musk playing the role of Donald Trump.
No. The problem is people want their meaningless opinions to matter...i.e., without putting in the time to educate themselves and have valuable opinions.

Your friend barbrady here ^ is a perfect example. He knows nothing. He's never had the curiosity or drive necessary to learn anything. But his entire childhood he was told that he was special, that his opinion is important, that he can be anything, that he's perfect just how he is.

But ask him a very straightforward simple question..engage him in a civil dialogue..and he has a literal mini-breakdown. His image of himself as important clashes with the reality of him actually not knowing anything...and he flees. He runs away from the question, tries to find a new place where people will agree with him, not challenge him, and tell him he's great for no reason -- like all his teachers did. It's a cognitive dissonance he flees. It's not that he wants to be divisive, or that he doesn't want to have dialogue. He just can't. Because it breaks down his false self image. And it's very terrifying and painful.

That's what's going on in America, and elsewhere too.

Thank all the genius teachers who told kids they were special for accomplishing nothing.
EuroMan

blueadams wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:38 am
EuroMan wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:14 pm People wants to be divided and it is unfortunate. I am an electric car journalist and even there people managed to be divided within that small niche with Elon Musk playing the role of Donald Trump.
No. The problem is people want their meaningless opinions to matter...i.e., without putting in the time to educate themselves and have valuable opinions.

Your friend barbrady here ^ is a perfect example. He knows nothing. He's never had the curiosity or drive necessary to learn anything. But his entire childhood he was told that he was special, that his opinion is important, that he can be anything, that he's perfect just how he is.

But ask him a very straightforward simple question..engage him in a civil dialogue..and he has a literal mini-breakdown. His image of himself as important clashes with the reality of him actually not knowing anything...and he flees. He runs away from the question, tries to find a new place where people will agree with him, not challenge him, and tell him he's great for no reason -- like all his teachers did. It's a cognitive dissonance he flees. It's not that he wants to be divisive, or that he doesn't want to have dialogue. He just can't. Because it breaks down his false self image. And it's very terrifying and painful.

Thank all the genius teachers who told kids they were special for accomplishing nothing.
I agree with it as well. Just like I said probably going to be gone by the end of the year. Just a matter of picking a country to go to
blueadams

EuroMan wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:55 pm
blueadams wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:38 am

I agree with it as well. Just like I said probably going to be gone by the end of the year. Just a matter of picking a country to go to
Looks like a far-right president may be elected in Sweden ✌️💕
CoconutBackwards

blueadams wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:56 pm
Barbrady wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:09 pm It is hilarious a thread about Larkin and Bertuzzi devolved into rants about trans people. Terminally online, brain broken, dipshit reactionaries can't go 5 minutes without inserting their parroted takes from conservative media on the lastest culture war wedge issue into any conversation.
Excuse me? You were asked a very simple, intelligent question several days ago and still have yet to answer (beyond ignoring the question, running away to another thread, and name-calling like a 10yr old on the spectrum).

One policy of Trump's that was bad for the country. Name it. Explain why it was bad. PLEASE.

You sound a whole hell of a lot like that Livonia Tom retard.

I really hope you aren't him and found your way back to this board.
Throughout history, every old man said the same thing about the younger generation. And old men die, and the world keeps spinnin'.
-Barbrady
blueadams

CoconutBackwards wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:49 am
blueadams wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:56 pm

You sound a whole hell of a lot like that Livonia Tom retard.

I really hope you aren't him and found your way back to this board.
Wow. Dude. For the 50th time. Name the Trump policy that was "bad" for America and explain why.

It is unbelievable how completely uninformed these msnbc robots have become. Completely incapable of the most basic 1990's human thought.