No. 8 - LC Marco Kasper

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
Wizard of Corsica

In fact, I think I'm going to take what I won on Seider for Calder, and apply it to the over on NHL games for Kasper this year. I assume the number will be 8.5.

winged wheel

Kasper said a few days ago he planned on going back to Rogle (and to finish High School), but maybe things have changed the last few days.
Wizard of Corsica

winged wheel wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:21 pm Kasper said a few days ago he planned on going back to Rogle, but maybe things have changed the last few days.
This is all from Twitter and HF so who knows, but I've read the Wings are concerned about the number of reps he would get at Center in Rogle. That sounds plausible, I wouldn't know.

Also heard it suggested he could start at Rogle and jump to Ottawa after World Juniors if need be. That makes total sense.
Resmo112

Wizard of Corsica wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:34 pm
winged wheel wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:21 pm Kasper said a few days ago he planned on going back to Rogle, but maybe things have changed the last few days.
This is all from Twitter and HF so who knows, but I've read the Wings are concerned about the number of reps he would get at Center in Rogle. That sounds plausible, I wouldn't know.

Also heard it suggested he could start at Rogle and jump to Ottawa after World Juniors if need be. That makes total sense.
what's best for him is to play a lot and at center. but if he's playing against men, I donno, I was kinda hoping they could bring him right over to the AHL but I guess he's still too young for that.
Pop Zeus

Wizard of Corsica wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:44 pm In fact, I think I'm going to take what I won on Seider for Calder, and apply it to the over on NHL games for Kasper this year. I assume the number will be 8.5.
Don't do it.
Pop Zeus

winged wheel wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:05 am Seems strange to leave Rogle where he was probably going to be the 2C to play in the OHL. Maybe they want to take a long look at him in training camp and a preseason game or two?

At least 2 draft guides I read suggested Kasper might be the most NHL-ready guy in the draft.
The NA route gives Detroit the ability to keep him if they want.
They could also put him in GR.
hiramnicak

he's not going to ottawa. that's all clickbait and farce. kasper said he wants to go back to rogle if he's not playing in detroit. abbott said he wants him back in rogle. yzerman said he expects him back in rogle. draper said he'd be back in rogle. cleary said he was going back to rogle. who is this shawn simpson, and why should anyone take his word over kasper, abbott, yzerman, draper, and cleary?
winged wheel

hiramnicak wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:51 pm he's not going to ottawa. that's all clickbait and farce. kasper said he wants to go back to rogle if he's not playing in detroit. abbott said he wants him back in rogle. yzerman said he expects him back in rogle. draper said he'd be back in rogle. cleary said he was going back to rogle. who is this shawn simpson, and why should anyone take his word over kasper, abbott, yzerman, draper, and cleary?
I think Simpson is a TSN Ottawa radio guy. He’s probably passing along what the coach or GM from the 67’s told him and that might be wishful thinking.

If Yzerman and company feel Kasper’s close to being an NHL player, I can see why they wouldn’t want to send him to Sweden. Maybe getting a look at him in prospects camp has them rethinking things?
hiramnicak

winged wheel wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:25 pm
hiramnicak wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:51 pm he's not going to ottawa. that's all clickbait and farce. kasper said he wants to go back to rogle if he's not playing in detroit. abbott said he wants him back in rogle. yzerman said he expects him back in rogle. draper said he'd be back in rogle. cleary said he was going back to rogle. who is this shawn simpson, and why should anyone take his word over kasper, abbott, yzerman, draper, and cleary?
I think Simpson is a TSN Ottawa radio guy. He’s probably passing along what the coach or GM from the 67’s told him and that might be wishful thinking.

If Yzerman and company feel Kasper’s close to being an NHL player, I can see why they wouldn’t want to send him to Sweden. Maybe getting a look at him in prospects camp has them rethinking things?
if they want him in north america, they could put him in grand rapids. there's no reason for him to go to the ohl. he's getting plenty of ice time in the shl. the only reason(s) to bring him to north america would be to get him acclimated to western hockey (ahl) or to bring him up to the team (nhl).
dcz28

hiramnicak wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:00 pm
winged wheel wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:25 pm

if they want him in north america, they could put him in grand rapids. there's no reason for him to go to the ohl. he's getting plenty of ice time in the shl. the only reason(s) to bring him to north america would be to get him acclimated to western hockey (ahl) or to bring him up to the team (nhl).
The only reason to send him to the OHL would be for him to put up points and gain more confidence on offense. Not other reason i could see for him to go play against kids and weaker competition. It has to be NHL, AHL or SHL for him.

TSN guy and probably the Sens management are hoping for Kasper to go to the 67's to help Tyler Boucher (their 10th overall huge reach pick 2021) put up better numbers so he doesn't look like a bust of a pick. Sens GM has been trying to pump him up to the media even after he shit the bed in the NCAA and then put up average numbers at best in the OHL.