2022 NHL Playoffs Thread

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
Zattaman

You guys are ruthless. Matthews played well -- led the team in points and hits.

What's funny is that goaltending was even in that series. Both goalies ended up with .897 save percentage. Tampa simply had more depth.

dcz28

holytoledo wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 10:21 pm
winged wheel wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 10:04 pm Always nice to see the Leafs lose in the first round. At least Matthews had 60 goals, so there’s that.
The Shanaplan hasn’t gone well.
Nope and now they have very little cap space to re-sign their RFAs and UFAs that include their starting goalie Campbell...Holland and the Oilers are in the same boat. Funny thing is the Leafs big salary players (Matthews, Marner, Tavares, Nylander) all showed up with around a point per game in that series but their lack of production beyond those guys didn't help. You have to wonder if they finally get rid of one of their top salary players to add more depth and balance to their forwards. Tavares would be the guy i would move if i were them but he has a full NMC and 7 million bonus money every year for the next 3 years. 70 million of his 77 million contract was/is all signing bonuses given on July 1st every year. They might move Nylander but he is the cheapest of the big 4 at just under 7 million a year. Leafs only have 3 picks in this draft (their 1st, Jets 3rd and their 7th rounder).
Machine

Dang Krazy Kenny gets by while the Leafs can’t close one out
dcz28

Machine wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:42 am Dang Krazy Kenny gets by while the Leafs can’t close one out
As much as i wish Holland and the Oilers would have lost last night, seeing a Battle of Alberta (if Calgary wins game 7) in the 2nd round would be a pretty good and nasty series. Only problem is the late games which during the week, i won't be able to stay up and watch the entire game.
holytoledo

dcz28 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 11:05 am
Machine wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:42 am Dang Krazy Kenny gets by while the Leafs can’t close one out
As much as i wish Holland and the Oilers would have lost last night, seeing a Battle of Alberta (if Calgary wins game 7) in the 2nd round would be a pretty good and nasty series. Only problem is the late games which during the week, i won't be able to stay up and watch the entire game.
I don’t think they have much of a shot, but I wouldn’t mind seeing McDrai & RNH win the cup. TBH, if it’s not us I don’t care much as long as it’s not Toronto, Chicago or Boston. Fuck those teams.
dcz28

holytoledo wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 12:03 pm
I don’t think they have much of a shot, but I wouldn’t mind seeing McDrai & RNH win the cup. TBH, if it’s not us I don’t care much as long as it’s not Toronto, Chicago or Boston. Fuck those teams.
Not that i dislike Tampa, i'm happy they took out the Leafs but i think they can fuck off now. They have won back to back cups and that's enough of them. I don't really care who wins the cup aside from that but as dirty as it sounds saying it, i'm kind of hoping for an Avs vs Florida finals. Not a fan of either team but that would make for an entertaining high powered offense finals with both teams stacked.
Wizard of Corsica

dcz28 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 12:19 pm

Not that i dislike Tampa, i'm happy they took out the Leafs but i think they can fuck off now. They have won back to back cups and that's enough of them. I don't really care who wins the cup aside from that but as dirty as it sounds saying it, i'm kind of hoping for an Avs vs Florida finals. Not a fan of either team but that would make for an entertaining high powered offense finals with both teams stacked.
I love Tampa. Hedman is easily the best defenseman since Lidstrom, he is a pleasure to watch. They might have just enough to squeak past Florida, then they'll get choked out by Carolina.

I still think 2009 was utter bullshit, but it would be a little sad to see the old Penguins to go down ignominiously tonight. I think that is what is going to happen, however.
dcz28

Wizard of Corsica wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 1:19 pm
dcz28 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 12:19 pm

I love Tampa. Hedman is easily the best defenseman since Lidstrom, he is a pleasure to watch. They might have just enough to squeak past Florida, then they'll get choked out by Carolina.

I still think 2009 was utter bullshit, but it would be a little sad to see the old Penguins to go down ignominiously tonight. I think that is what is going to happen, however.
If Point doesn't play or is clearly not 100%, i think Florida takes out Tampa. Some are saying Kucherov isn't 100% either. Florida has the better forward depth but Tampa has the better defense. In net Vasilevskiy would normally have the edge but his numbers from the 1st round are below average. Doesn't mean he can't step it up but if he doesn't, Florida is likely going score a lot.

Pens vs Rangers is a toss up to me. Surprising that they are still in it without Crosby and Jarry tbh. Rangers have the better forward depth and better defense. They also had the better goalie but Shesterkin has been below average in the playoffs so far.
Duke

Leafs 🤣🤣🤣
JimIsJustPlainOld

Out of the current surviving teams, the only ones I don't want to win the Cup is Edmonton and Pittsburgh, even though the Pens could be out by the end of the night. Both of them have 5 Cup wins, and a win by one of them puts them one step closer to the Wings in Cup wins. All the rest have less. Rangers have 4, Tampa has 3, Colorado has 2, Carolina has 1, Calgary has 1, St. Louis has 1, Florida has 0. Wouldn't mind seeing the Panthers to win and join the club.