Blashill gone

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
EuroMan

This is the best news for our team in 5 years. I said it multiple times that the fact that Yzerman waited for such a long time is really grounds for firing him as well

holytoledo

DocBrown wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:36 pm Inevitable. But the hostility toward him is puzzling. He was saddled with horrendous talent and I don't think there is anything you can do with the likes of Zadina, Ras, and the other crap he inherited. Good luck to him.
How much did he impact how Zadina, Ras, Veleno, Cholo and other underachieving prospects?

Ras & Cholo we’re questionable picks. Although in hind sight we should have chosen Hughes, Zadina was considered a gift at the time and Veleno was considered a steal at 30.

Only Seider & Raymond really developed positively under Blash and won’t have played under him long enough to see if their development stalled or even regressed under Blashill like it did for Hronek, Cholo and probably a few others.
_sg_

DocBrown wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:36 pm Inevitable. But the hostility toward him is puzzling. He was saddled with horrendous talent and I don't think there is anything you can do with the likes of Zadina, Ras, and the other crap he inherited. Good luck to him.
He was doing a decent job keeping that idea alive until about the trade deadline this year. I know the roster sucks, but you can't get beat by 7,8,9 goals on a semi regular basis.

I've said it before, it'll be interesting to see where his career goes after this.

I'm thinking Yzerman has someone in mind or perhaps even a handshake deal in place. I don't think he'd want to be floating along with no coach in place. the draft's in about 60-70 days, and I'm sure there's work to be done before then.
dcz28

Sure he didn't have a lot of talent to work with but his choices of systems were horrible. Way too many times he talked about starting out strong after a loss and the team would come out flat the next game. Way too many issues that weren't about the lack of talent on the team.
Duke

I’m not really on Twitter, but a buddy of mine is telling me there’s a lot of chatter about Rikard Gronberg… as well as Fedorov.
JimIsJustPlainOld

One guy who could be available, but I hope Yzerman doesn't consider him if he is, is Pete DeBoer. Kevin Allen said it's possible Vegas may fire him.
JimIsJustPlainOld

EuroMan wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:41 pm This is the best news for our team in 5 years. I said it multiple times that the fact that Yzerman waited for such a long time is really grounds for firing him as well
You can piss off, cause you have no clue to what you're talking about.
attica

much like babcock he was another square peg round hole guy that really consistently dropped the ball when it came to making adjustments. with the exception of high motor type players it feels almost every kid we had regressed under him, usually starting in their second year.

The real irony here for me, is as much as i feel hes ruined alot of our kids, just gotten into their heads so badly they cant ever find their way out, i feel its somewhat probable that babcock had the same influence on blash lol.

id love to see lidstrom and larionov behind the bench. Not just because they were great players and part of our prime run, but because they were both highly cerebral players. Nothing would make me happier than seeing this team get back to being more patient and puck possession oriented. Less dump/chip and chase and putting the puck into a 50/50 place to win a battle, and more circle back until you find a safe clean entry.

Major adjustments are needed on the power play and pk, lidstrom was infamous for walking the line and knowing how to wrist highly deflectable shots through traffic. would love to see if maybe we can create some of that between hronek/seider and ras/bert
Machine

Well as was said inevitable it probably should’ve happened after one of those blowout games but o well
Now how are we going to know who Mrs Blash thinks is ready
Zattaman

Glad Salajko and Houda are gone as well.

PK and D usage need big improvements and so is goaltending preparation.

I'm not surprised Tanguay stays, since he was Yzerman's hire. But, I didn't see much improvement in our PP. I sincerely hope Yzerman doesn't decide to promote Tanguay to the head coach.