Game 34: San Jose @ Detroit

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
Wizard of Corsica

winged wheel wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:47 pm Damn, six goals in one game. And almost all top shelf shots.
Other than Bert's oopsy daisy goal, it was like playing against a Shooter Tutor.

Pop Zeus

No Zadina.
That's kind of big news.
El Jefe

Pop Zeus wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:29 am No Zadina.
That's kind of big news.
I'm rooting for the kid, but it doesn't look like they missed him much. Of course, I could have scored last night on San Jose. The way San Jose looked last night, they're a cure for what ails you.
DocBrown

Zadina doesn't even get the lucky assists. Like Raymond's nolookbetweenthelegsbacktoplay pass to Larkin. Lucky as hell but of course not in the cards for Zadina. He is not missed. Hope Y can package him.
Last edited by DocBrown on Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1.21 gigawatts! 1.21 gigawatts. Great Scott!
El Jefe

DocBrown wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:56 pm Zadina doesn't even get the lucky assists. Like Raymond's nolookbetweenthelegsbacktoplay pass to Larkin. Lucky as hell but of course not in the cards for Zadina. He is not missed. Hope Y can package him.
I don't think that's luck. He had a similar assist a couple of weeks ago. I think he has great vision and hockey sense.
DocBrown

El Jefe wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:31 pm
DocBrown wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:56 pm Zadina doesn't even get the lucky assists. Like Raymond's nolookbetweenthelegsbacktoplay pass to Larkin. Lucky as hell but of course not in the cards for Zadina. He is not missed. Hope Y can package him.
I don't think that's luck. He had a similar assist a couple of weeks ago. I think he has great vision and hockey sense.
Edited to indicate facetiousness. That was an exceptional pass and there are others that are similar. His hockey sense is exceptional.
1.21 gigawatts! 1.21 gigawatts. Great Scott!
Slapper

holytoledo wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:17 pm
Wizard of Corsica wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:47 pm What's up? Givani Smith got the hard part of the Gordie Howe hat trick earlier. He's in for Zadina.

I got Wes McCauley's autograph at the 1989 Green and White game at East Kentwood, when he was a freshman at Michigan State. Now he's turning 50. Shit.

Mike Knuble was there watching, along with the entire EK Varsity, of course. They went on to win the State Title that year.
Man I got so close to getting him to fight me after the game a number of times when he was an ECHL ref. It was so easy to get under his skin - Pochmara’s too.
Ha I remember when Pochmara was reffing my beer league games at SCS and then all of sudden one day he’s reffing in the show. That’s about as close as I got to the nhl.
_sg_

Wizard of Corsica wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:47 pm What's up? Givani Smith got the hard part of the Gordie Howe hat trick earlier. He's in for Zadina.

I got Wes McCauley's autograph at the 1989 Green and White game at East Kentwood, when he was a freshman at Michigan State. Now he's turning 50. Shit.

Mike Knuble was there watching, along with the entire EK Varsity, of course. They went on to win the State Title that year.
Man I got so close to getting him to fight me after the game a number of times when he was an ECHL ref. It was so easy to get under his skin - Pochmara’s too.
what? how did that come about?
holytoledo

_sg_ wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:54 pm

I had season tickets on the bench straight across from the visitor's bench at the Toledo Sports Arena back in the day. When I stood up the glass only reached my shoulders. I predrank most game nights and slammed at least 4 20 ouncers a game and conducted myself like a real class act. McCauley used to get me kicked out from time to time, but the ushers would just let me go sit somewhere else. The ECHL was a real gong show in the 90s.
_sg_

holytoledo wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:01 pm
_sg_ wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:54 pm

I had season tickets on the bench straight across from the visitor's bench at the Toledo Sports Arena back in the day. When I stood up the glass only reached my shoulders. I predrank most game nights and slammed at least 4 20 ouncers a game and conducted myself like a real class act. McCauley used to get me kicked out from time to time, but the ushers would just let me go sit somewhere else. The ECHL was a real gong show in the 90s.
lol, awesome

the way it should be