OT: Other sports/music/news, etc

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
Pop Zeus

On Kyle Rittenhouse:
If the dudes he killed were black and not white, would he have been found not-guilty?
Would Kenosha be burning right now?
Whose Lives Matter?
And yeah, I know blacks get railroaded by the justice system as much or more than anyone, and face all kinds of obstacles because of racism.
But Democrats and left identitarians are so trigger-happy on racial issues, I have no doubt that Kenosha would be rioting right now if Rittenhouse had killed two black men and been acquitted.

wings8

Why don't you ask, what the verdict would be if Rittenhouse were black killing 2 white guys?
Pop Zeus

wings8 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:10 pm Why don't you ask, what the verdict would be if Rittenhouse were black killing 2 white guys?
Oh, no doubt.
WingFanInA2

A lot of media takes that apparently never watched any part of the trial. KR probably would’ve been found guilty if not for video that confirmed his actions.

But regardless, case had nothing to do with race, despite the need for some to make it about race.
Pop Zeus

Suspect in the horrifying Christmas parade incident today was black.

We don't jump to all kind of conclusions about his motivation based on his skin color, do we? Those that do - we know what they are.

Yet, for months, people in the media and politicians called Rittenhouse a white supremacist.

How have people who purport to be so distraught by racism become cheerleaders for open prejudice?
Wizard of Corsica

Pop Zeus wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:35 am Suspect in the horrifying Christmas parade incident today was black.

We don't jump to all kind of conclusions about his motivation based on his skin color, do we? Those that do - we know what they are.

Yet, for months, people in the media and politicians called Rittenhouse a white supremacist.

How have people who purport to be so distraught by racism become cheerleaders for open prejudice?
This shit sells. It's content creation.

No remotely sane person is acting or thinking like you describe. The ones that are, are being recorded, or streamed between commercial messages or on social media.
Last edited by Wizard of Corsica on Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
It was my understanding there would be no math in the debates.
Wizard of Corsica

One thing I will say. . . it is really awesome that all this is happening right before Thanksgiving. I'm truly looking forward to hearing what my distant relatives think about all these things.

Here's some Ethiopian pop a friend showed me, I have been listening on constant repeat lately. Happy Holidays.

It was my understanding there would be no math in the debates.
Pop Zeus

Wizard of Corsica wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:27 am
Pop Zeus wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:35 am Suspect in the horrifying Christmas parade incident today was black.

This shit sells. It's content creation.

No remotely sane person is acting or thinking like you describe. The ones that are, are being recorded, or streamed between commercial messages or on social media.
Really? You don't think people assumed Kyle Rittenhouse was a racist, white supremacist?
Man, the liberals I know here south of Ann Arbor are convinced of it.
Pop Zeus

Wizard of Corsica wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:45 am One thing I will say. . . it is really awesome that all this is happening right before Thanksgiving. I'm truly looking forward to hearing what my distant relatives think about all these things.

Here's some Ethiopian pop a friend showed me, I have been listening on constant repeat lately. Happy Holidays.

That's pretty sweet.
Reminds me of Sufjan Stevens doing a gypsy waltz.
Pop Zeus

Hockey game breaks out at Pistons game: