Yzerman and Bertuzzi

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
Wizard of Corsica

Re: Yzerman and Bertuzzi

Post by Wizard of Corsica »

For one thing it's not that big a deal, and rules could change.

For another, it seems likely to me that Yzerman would prefer to flip Bertuzzi if possible, that is not served by benching him.

Pop Zeus

Post by Pop Zeus »

I think Bertuzzi not getting an A this year tells you something about what Yzerman thinks. Staal over Bertuzzi???
Which is too bad.
I think his days in Detroit are probably numbered - but ultimately the Vaxx status that put him in Yzerman's dog house will make him harder to trade.
El Jefe

Post by El Jefe »

Pop Zeus wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:15 pm I think Bertuzzi not getting an A this year tells you something about what Yzerman thinks. Staal over Bertuzzi???
Which is too bad.
I think his days in Detroit are probably numbered - but ultimately the Vaxx status that put him in Yzerman's dog house will make him harder to trade.
Four goals over the defending champs on a team that doesn't score a lot of dirty goals--or goals of any kind--helps Bertuzzi's case a bit with Yzerman. Actually, one of those was a highlight reel goal.
holytoledo

Post by holytoledo »

Pop Zeus wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:29 pm
EuroMan wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:23 pm Anyone else is bothered by the fact that Bertuzzi is not suspended by the team for essentially taking himself out of all games in Canada due to refusing the vaccine? But don't make this political. Whatever reasons he has not to get vaccinated is up to him but at the same time it is the requirement to do his job to the full extend. Sounds that the right thing to do is to have him suspended as much as I hate to suggest it.
Keep your shit in California :lol:
I'm vaxxed. I'm 50. I'm 20 pounds overweight (Almost every time you see someone die 50 and under, you look at their obit, and their 50-100 pounds overweight).
It made sense to me.
I also wanted to do my part to stop the spread.

It turns out, the vaccination doesn't stop the spread. It's still better than not v vaccination - but it's WAY less than 95 percent efficacy or whatever they advertised.

Something very weird is happening in Washtenaw County, where I live.

Our vaccination rate is 60.8 percent (including kids) or 69 percent for 16 and up.vax.png

Our vax rate hasn't changed much over the last 2 months.
But look at our vax vs unvax hospitalization numbers

vax.png
Month - Vaxxed Hospitalizations - Unvaxxed - Partially- Vax Rate (16andup)
July. Vax 6 Unvax 17 Part 0 61
Aug. Vax 17 Unvax 35 Part 3 66
Sept. Vax 26 Unvax 39 Part 1 72
Oct. Vax 28 Unvax 19 Part 2 74

So,
% of vaccinated public vs % of vaccinated hospitalizations
Mo - Hosp vs Public
July - 23% vs 61%
Aug, - 31% vs 66%
Sept. - 40% vs 72%
Oct - 57% vs 74%

You see what's happening here?
In July, a vax made it three times less likely you'd end up in the hospital.
In August. it was only two times.
Now we're in October, and the vax rate offers only 30 percent more protection than not.

This is exactly what happened in Israel, by the way.

So Tyler Bertuzzi can do whatever the fuck he wants, as far as I'm concerned.
The vax is only good for 5-8 months and they are way too slow with the boosters. Most of the people that got vaxed early are at the point where it’s efficacy is way down. I got it in early September, about 5.5 months after my 2nd shot and 3 of my older vaxed family members got it before me, 6-7 months after they were vaxed. We all had mild cases and didn’t really require medical treatment. Right after I recovered I had to go take care of my unvaxed bro, who is way more healthy than me because it kicked his ass and his wife was in the hospital with it.

Like many have said all along, it’s basically a flu and like the flu vaxes, the vax has a short shelf life. After seeing my bro & SIL, I was damn glad I was vaxed and my body was better equipped to fight it off.
Barbrady

Post by Barbrady »

holytoledo wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:43 pm
Pop Zeus wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:29 pm
EuroMan wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:23 pm Anyone else is bothered by the fact that Bertuzzi is not suspended by the team for essentially taking himself out of all games in Canada due to refusing the vaccine? But don't make this political. Whatever reasons he has not to get vaccinated is up to him but at the same time it is the requirement to do his job to the full extend. Sounds that the right thing to do is to have him suspended as much as I hate to suggest it.
Keep your shit in California :lol:
I'm vaxxed. I'm 50. I'm 20 pounds overweight (Almost every time you see someone die 50 and under, you look at their obit, and their 50-100 pounds overweight).
It made sense to me.
I also wanted to do my part to stop the spread.

It turns out, the vaccination doesn't stop the spread. It's still better than not v vaccination - but it's WAY less than 95 percent efficacy or whatever they advertised.

Something very weird is happening in Washtenaw County, where I live.

Our vaccination rate is 60.8 percent (including kids) or 69 percent for 16 and up.vax.png

Our vax rate hasn't changed much over the last 2 months.
But look at our vax vs unvax hospitalization numbers

vax.png
Month - Vaxxed Hospitalizations - Unvaxxed - Partially- Vax Rate (16andup)
July. Vax 6 Unvax 17 Part 0 61
Aug. Vax 17 Unvax 35 Part 3 66
Sept. Vax 26 Unvax 39 Part 1 72
Oct. Vax 28 Unvax 19 Part 2 74

So,
% of vaccinated public vs % of vaccinated hospitalizations
Mo - Hosp vs Public
July - 23% vs 61%
Aug, - 31% vs 66%
Sept. - 40% vs 72%
Oct - 57% vs 74%

You see what's happening here?
In July, a vax made it three times less likely you'd end up in the hospital.
In August. it was only two times.
Now we're in October, and the vax rate offers only 30 percent more protection than not.

This is exactly what happened in Israel, by the way.

So Tyler Bertuzzi can do whatever the fuck he wants, as far as I'm concerned.
The vax is only good for 5-8 months and they are way too slow with the boosters. Most of the people that got vaxed early are at the point where it’s efficacy is way down. I got it in early September, about 5.5 months after my 2nd shot and 3 of my older vaxed family members got it before me, 6-7 months after they were vaxed. We all had mild cases and didn’t really require medical treatment. Right after I recovered I had to go take care of my unvaxed bro, who is way more healthy than me because it kicked his ass and his wife was in the hospital with it.

Like many have said all along, it’s basically a flu and like the flu vaxes, the vax has a short shelf life. After seeing my bro & SIL, I was damn glad I was vaxed and my body was better equipped to fight it off.
Not to mention we're now dealing with a different variant than what the vaccines were designed for. They're still super effective at preventing serious illness leading to hospitalization or death, but they don't have the same efficacy at outright preventing infection as they did back before delta became the dominant strain around the US.
Machine

Post by Machine »

So away Canadian game, does Bert get suspended?
Hopefully Veleno gets the call up
Wizard of Corsica

Post by Wizard of Corsica »

Machine wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:03 pm So away Canadian game, does Bert get suspended?
The Griffins are in Manitoba to face the Moose this weekend, the game day preview strongly implies that Veleno will be playing but I haven't seen any confirmation yet.

Slapper

Post by Slapper »

Machine wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:03 pm So away Canadian game, does Bert get suspended?
Wouldn’t they have called him up when Larkin was suspended?
JimIsJustPlainOld

Post by JimIsJustPlainOld »

Mickey Redmond said last night that Bertuzzi not going to Montreal, but will meet the team in Chicago for Sundays game.
WingFanInA2

Post by WingFanInA2 »

Meh