Yzerman and Bertuzzi

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
EuroMan

Yzerman and Bertuzzi

Post by EuroMan »

Anyone else is bothered by the fact that Bertuzzi is not suspended by the team for essentially taking himself out of all games in Canada due to refusing the vaccine? But don't make this political. Whatever reasons he has not to get vaccinated is up to him but at the same time it is the requirement to do his job to the full extend. Sounds that the right thing to do is to have him suspended as much as I hate to suggest it.
Last edited by EuroMan on Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

holytoledo

Re: Yzerman and Bertuzzi

Post by holytoledo »

EuroMan wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:23 pm Anyone else is bothered by the fact that Bertuzzi is not suspended by the team for essentially taking himself out of all games in Canada due to refusing the vaccine? But don't make this political. Whatever reasons he has not to get vaccinated is up to him but at the same time it is the requirement to do his job to the full extent. Sounds that the right thing to do is to have him suspended as much as I hate to suggest it.
Nope. I think it’s a stupid choice, but 8 games isn’t really a big deal. If we were in contention and this had playoff implications I might feel differently. I see this as 8 games of opportunity for youth and with as banged up as Bert gets, a chance for him to do some in season recovery.
Brono

Post by Brono »

The mandates are ridiculous. He statistically has a damn near close to 0% chance of being hospitalized or dying from covid. He made a decision thats going to cost him thousands. His body, his choice. Just to tell you how ridiculous it is...in Ontario our new vax pass app has up to 8 doses in it.
El Jefe

Post by El Jefe »

Brono, they (governments) are not going to let go of this anytime soon. To wit, the goalposts move every time we satisfy one of their criteria. Slow the spread, flatten the curve, keep people out of the hospital, vax=no mask...all come and gone. Now the vaccines are being mandated. And now it appears that it is my job to keep everyone else "safe." I don't expect you to keep me safe. The only one who can keep me safe is me. For one to keep another safe, and for that to be society-wide, requires that certain behaviors are proscribed and enforced 100% of the time. No thanks.
Fil Zaronek

Post by Fil Zaronek »

holytoledo wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:39 pm
EuroMan wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:23 pm Anyone else is bothered by the fact that Bertuzzi is not suspended by the team for essentially taking himself out of all games in Canada due to refusing the vaccine? But don't make this political. Whatever reasons he has not to get vaccinated is up to him but at the same time it is the requirement to do his job to the full extent. Sounds that the right thing to do is to have him suspended as much as I hate to suggest it.
Nope. I think it’s a stupid choice, but 8 games isn’t really a big deal. If we were in contention and this had playoff implications I might feel differently. I see this as 8 games of opportunity for youth and with as banged up as Bert gets, a chance for him to do some in season recovery.
From a purely hockey standpoint, they are better team with him in the lineup in the games that he does play in. Suspending him or trading him for a lesser return (which is what you would have to settle for because of the situation) would only be foolish
Zattaman

Post by Zattaman »

Y'all took the bait :lol:
Pop Zeus

Post by Pop Zeus »

EuroMan wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:23 pm Anyone else is bothered by the fact that Bertuzzi is not suspended by the team for essentially taking himself out of all games in Canada due to refusing the vaccine? But don't make this political. Whatever reasons he has not to get vaccinated is up to him but at the same time it is the requirement to do his job to the full extend. Sounds that the right thing to do is to have him suspended as much as I hate to suggest it.
Keep your shit in California :lol:
I'm vaxxed. I'm 50. I'm 20 pounds overweight (Almost every time you see someone die 50 and under, you look at their obit, and their 50-100 pounds overweight).
It made sense to me.
I also wanted to do my part to stop the spread.

It turns out, the vaccination doesn't stop the spread. It's still better than not v vaccination - but it's WAY less than 95 percent efficacy or whatever they advertised.

Something very weird is happening in Washtenaw County, where I live.

Our vaccination rate is 60.8 percent (including kids) or 69 percent for 16 and up.
vax.png
vax.png (49.55 KiB) Viewed 5850 times
Our vax rate hasn't changed much over the last 2 months.
But look at our vax vs unvax hospitalization numbers
vax.png
vax.png (49.55 KiB) Viewed 5850 times
Month - Vaxxed Hospitalizations - Unvaxxed - Partially- Vax Rate (16andup)
July. Vax 6 Unvax 17 Part 0 61
Aug. Vax 17 Unvax 35 Part 3 66
Sept. Vax 26 Unvax 39 Part 1 72
Oct. Vax 28 Unvax 19 Part 2 74

So,
% of vaccinated public vs % of vaccinated hospitalizations
Mo - Hosp vs Public
July - 23% vs 61%
Aug, - 31% vs 66%
Sept. - 40% vs 72%
Oct - 57% vs 74%

You see what's happening here?
In July, a vax made it three times less likely you'd end up in the hospital.
In August. it was only two times.
Now we're in October, and the vax rate offers only 30 percent more protection than not.

This is exactly what happened in Israel, by the way.

So Tyler Bertuzzi can do whatever the fuck he wants, as far as I'm concerned.
Slapper

Post by Slapper »

Pop Zeus wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:29 pm
EuroMan wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:23 pm Anyone else is bothered by the fact that Bertuzzi is not suspended by the team for essentially taking himself out of all games in Canada due to refusing the vaccine? But don't make this political. Whatever reasons he has not to get vaccinated is up to him but at the same time it is the requirement to do his job to the full extend. Sounds that the right thing to do is to have him suspended as much as I hate to suggest it.
Keep your shit in California :lol:
I'm vaxxed. I'm 50. I'm 20 pounds overweight (Almost every time you see someone die 50 and under, you look at their obit, and their 50-100 pounds overweight).
It made sense to me.
I also wanted to do my part to stop the spread.

It turns out, the vaccination doesn't stop the spread. It's still better than not v vaccination - but it's WAY less than 95 percent efficacy or whatever they advertised.

Something very weird is happening in Washtenaw County, where I live.

Our vaccination rate is 60.8 percent (including kids) or 69 percent for 16 and up.vax.png

Our vax rate hasn't changed much over the last 2 months.
But look at our vax vs unvax hospitalization numbers

vax.png
Month - Vaxxed Hospitalizations - Unvaxxed - Partially- Vax Rate (16andup)
July. Vax 6 Unvax 17 Part 0 61
Aug. Vax 17 Unvax 35 Part 3 66
Sept. Vax 26 Unvax 39 Part 1 72
Oct. Vax 28 Unvax 19 Part 2 74

So,
% of vaccinated public vs % of vaccinated hospitalizations
Mo - Hosp vs Public
July - 23% vs 61%
Aug, - 31% vs 66%
Sept. - 40% vs 72%
Oct - 57% vs 74%

You see what's happening here?
In July, a vax made it three times less likely you'd end up in the hospital.
In August. it was only two times.
Now we're in October, and the vax rate offers only 30 percent more protection than not.

This is exactly what happened in Israel, by the way.

So Tyler Bertuzzi can do whatever the fuck he wants, as far as I'm concerned.
That’s a shit ton of info you gave when all you needed to say was the last sentence. Ha. I agree, he can do what ever he wants, that’s his decision and no one else’s.
DocBrown

Post by DocBrown »

I'm surprised at the hospitalization rate/cases of fully vaccinated. That's quite relevant....would like to see info on booster shot and whether that impacts hospitalization. Too early to say I suppose.
1.21 gigawatts! 1.21 gigawatts. Great Scott!
El Jefe

Post by El Jefe »

With respect to all of these statistics regarding hospitalization, it is important to note if Covid is the primary issue and the reason for hospitalization, or an ancillary infection. That type of reporting would provide more amplification of the stats provided by PZ above.