New Forum Layout

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
kmac

Hey, I noticed that things look a little different around here lately. I like the new layout, but I am kind of having some doubts about the brightness and whiteness. (No jokes about me being woke and being against all the whiteness on here! :shock: ). Its probably just my damn eyes, but to me it seems that the brightness level of the white background kind of just washes out some of the wording and icons on the page. I would think there is probably a way to tone it down a little to create some more contrast, but I'll be damned if I have the computer smarts to figure it out. Anybody have any advice...or are you just gonna tell me my eyeballs suck? I mean, my mom did tell me I was gonna go blind....

CoconutBackwards

I was gonna give it a few weeks to get used to because it was the same way for a long time before I give any opinions on it.

*I"m full of shit. Here comes an opinion, I don't like the poster's name being all the way on the right instead of right above the post.
Throughout history, every old man said the same thing about the younger generation. And old men die, and the world keeps spinnin'.
-Barbrady
Duke

Is anyone else having trouble getting into threads on a mobile device? It’s been hit or miss for me. Some threads tapping the checkmark takes me directly to the first unread post like it’s supposed to, but other threads tapping the checkmark doesn’t do anything and I’m having to tap the thread name, which opens to the very first post making me search for where I left off in the thread. Curious if that’s happening for anyone else.
DelHowLich

No more notifications? It used to be the first thing I went to.
kmac

Hey, whoa, what the hell? I just came to see what you numbnuts were up to, and...things look different. They look better. Like, somebody did some computer voodoo shit. I like it.
WingFanInA2

Duke wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:27 pm Is anyone else having trouble getting into threads on a mobile device? It’s been hit or miss for me. Some threads tapping the checkmark takes me directly to the first unread post like it’s supposed to, but other threads tapping the checkmark doesn’t do anything and I’m having to tap the thread name, which opens to the very first post making me search for where I left off in the thread. Curious if that’s happening for anyone else.
I’ve had that issue as well.
MDWingsFan

I wish there was a dark mode. The white on white is hard on my eyes…
winged wheel

Not really a fan, but whatever.
Wizard of Corsica

Ad-free hockey banter that is good natured and intelligent is what I am after. And the interface seems to work fine so I am good. I will miss the old Matt Wuest inspired design, but I reckon it was getting hard to maintain.
hiramnicak

MDWingsFan wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:42 pm I wish there was a dark mode. The white on white is hard on my eyes…
i'm going to second this. the white-on-white is pretty hard on the eyes.