So? What's the goal next year? Finish 17th again? Pick 15th? Fuck the Rebuild Again?

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
Pop Zeus

DelHowLich wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:12 am
Pop Zeus wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 am
DelHowLich wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:37 am
:shock: Wow, just wow.
Wow just wow?

Why did Yzerman resign Walman and Matta.... and then go sign Gostisbere? Along with acquiring two D on the right side if Edvinsson has shown so much?

Ed's first AHL year: 52 games 5-22-27 52 PIM -7
Ed's second AHL year: 8-21-29 51 PIM +5
Not exactly a remarkable improvement.

NHL
Year 1 9 games 2-0-2 -7 12 PIM Post deadline fuckery)
Year 2 16 games 1-1-2 +-0 4 PIM
The good thing here, to me, is fewer PIM

There's a long history of top 10 defensemen who never live up to expectations yet have decent careers bouncing around the NHL.

Wow just wow. LOL.
I think I got lit up for saying Zadina looked like maybe a better Tomas Tatar.
Or that Rasmussen looked like a third liner.

And I haven't even said Edvinsson is one thing or the other. It's my hope he becomes a minute-munching D that maybe develops good offense.
But he hasn't done anything to strongly indicate anything.
You seem to base your opinions on faith and faith alone.
It does not matter what BS you spew: Eddy is on the team! So learn to curb your contrary nature. No offence. :D
Contrary to what?
Edvinsson has 3 goals and 1 assist in 25 games.
Where does that rank in points among his draft class? 8th?

In the AHL he's averaged a shade more than .5 points per game despite lots of PP time over two seasons.
Being on the team isn't good enough. He's got to be an important player.

DelHowLich

Pop Zeus wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:13 pm
DelHowLich wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:12 am
Pop Zeus wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 am

Wow just wow?

Why did Yzerman resign Walman and Matta.... and then go sign Gostisbere? Along with acquiring two D on the right side if Edvinsson has shown so much?

Ed's first AHL year: 52 games 5-22-27 52 PIM -7
Ed's second AHL year: 8-21-29 51 PIM +5
Not exactly a remarkable improvement.

NHL
Year 1 9 games 2-0-2 -7 12 PIM Post deadline fuckery)
Year 2 16 games 1-1-2 +-0 4 PIM
The good thing here, to me, is fewer PIM

There's a long history of top 10 defensemen who never live up to expectations yet have decent careers bouncing around the NHL.

Wow just wow. LOL.
I think I got lit up for saying Zadina looked like maybe a better Tomas Tatar.
Or that Rasmussen looked like a third liner.

And I haven't even said Edvinsson is one thing or the other. It's my hope he becomes a minute-munching D that maybe develops good offense.
But he hasn't done anything to strongly indicate anything.
You seem to base your opinions on faith and faith alone.
It does not matter what BS you spew: Eddy is on the team! So learn to curb your contrary nature. No offence. :D
Contrary to what?
Edvinsson has 3 goals and 1 assist in 25 games.
Where does that rank in points among his draft class? 8th?

In the AHL he's averaged a shade more than .5 points per game despite lots of PP time over two seasons.
Being on the team isn't good enough. He's got to be an important player.
He was probably told to just play defense and cover for Petry.
DelHowLich

"In an article from Helene St.James of the Detroit Free Press, all signs are pointing to Detroit carrying three goaltenders on the roster once again next season. Given that the team already has Ville Husso and Alex Lyon signed into next season, the Red Wings could look to keep James Reimer around for a second year or look to the free agent market for a different option. The trio worked out mildly well for the organization throughout the regular season, as the Red Wings finished with a team save percentage of .897, good for 19th in the league."

Does not sound too exciting to run with the same 3...............may be stuck with them for another season.
kmac

DelHowLich wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:08 pm "In an article from Helene St.James of the Detroit Free Press, all signs are pointing to Detroit carrying three goaltenders on the roster once again next season. Given that the team already has Ville Husso and Alex Lyon signed into next season, the Red Wings could look to keep James Reimer around for a second year or look to the free agent market for a different option. The trio worked out mildly well for the organization throughout the regular season, as the Red Wings finished with a team save percentage of .897, good for 19th in the league."

Does not sound too exciting to run with the same 3...............may be stuck with them for another season.
I mean, Lyon started and played more games this season then ever before in his career. And he showed flashes of brilliance before he kind of faded in the stretch, and even then he did pretty well in some games while sucking in others. Do you think its possible he is going to take this season as a developmental kind of season and come back stronger and more consistent next year? And Husso is a real wild card, how will he come back from injury? And how soon before he gets injured again? Maybe I am being too optimistic, but I think goalie play can be a strength next season. I choose to believe in the potential Lyon has...which means he will probably be a bust and break my heart and hopes and leave me a shattered wreck of a Wings fan next year... :lol:
DelHowLich

kmac wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:21 am
DelHowLich wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:08 pm "In an article from Helene St.James of the Detroit Free Press, all signs are pointing to Detroit carrying three goaltenders on the roster once again next season. Given that the team already has Ville Husso and Alex Lyon signed into next season, the Red Wings could look to keep James Reimer around for a second year or look to the free agent market for a different option. The trio worked out mildly well for the organization throughout the regular season, as the Red Wings finished with a team save percentage of .897, good for 19th in the league."

I mean, Lyon started and played more games this season then ever before in his career. And he showed flashes of brilliance before he kind of faded in the stretch, and even then he did pretty well in some games while sucking in others. Do you think its possible he is going to take this season as a developmental kind of season and come back stronger and more consistent next year? And Husso is a real wild card, how will he come back from injury? And how soon before he gets injured again? Maybe I am being too optimistic, but I think goalie play can be a strength next season. I choose to believe in the potential Lyon has...which means he will probably be a bust and break my heart and hopes and leave me a shattered wreck of a Wings fan next year... :lol:
In the end Lyon was over-played, and actually Reimer was under-played. Reimer was not that good in the beginning of the season, but got better in the new year, and kinda the opposite happened to Lyon when he dived in late Feb. and March. Husso was never very good. Maybe he goes LTIR next year????
Wizard of Corsica

DelHowLich wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:35 am
In the end Lyon was over-played, and actually Reimer was under-played. Reimer was not that good in the beginning of the season, but got better in the new year, and kinda the opposite happened to Lyon when he dived in late Feb. and March. Husso was never very good. Maybe he goes LTIR next year????
Wasn't Husso skating with the team at the end of the year? LTIR for the groin injury seems like a stretch (LOL) at this point.
Pop Zeus

Husso reinjured his groin warming up for the Grifs late in the season. Maybe with 3 games left on the NHL sched?