Checking in on.... The Ex-Wing Report

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
Machine

I don’t know
I was cruising hockey fights mostly for Seider
And noticed AA, he got lucky
He should leave the fighting to Foligno spelling?
Pops still loves him some AA, Mrazek he’s a closeted Chicago fan
lol

holytoledo

Pop Zeus wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:30 pm Kronwall threw normally around 80, 90 hits.
Not 200.
Whatever. He still didn’t fight after any of them. I don’t disagree that there isn’t a general correlation to make.
Pop Zeus

You guys are just take offense with black and white evidence.
Some dude says AA got wiped in a fight.
I post video of the fight where AA pretty clearly got the best shots in.
So you revert to some other bullshit.
Carry on.
Zattaman

Pop Zeus wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:52 am
Zattaman wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:59 pm
Pop Zeus wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:47 pm

looked pretty good to me
He's 6'2" and couldn't handle a guy 2 inches shorter than him. Pathetic.
Don't be daft.
Luke Kunin has been known to throw 200 hits in a year.

Seider wasn't a 6'2 Lidstrom Lady Byng candidate. He's a big guy who throws his weight around.
But leave it to the RWC peanut gallery to be obtuse as ever.
You're the one who equated size and physicality with fighting ability.

Seider did much better in his first career fight than a veteran fighter, Athanasiou, who's got over 15 NHL fights under his belt.
Pop Zeus

Zattaman wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:06 am
Pop Zeus wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:52 am
Zattaman wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:59 pm

He's 6'2" and couldn't handle a guy 2 inches shorter than him. Pathetic.
Don't be daft.
Luke Kunin has been known to throw 200 hits in a year.

Seider wasn't a 6'2 Lidstrom Lady Byng candidate. He's a big guy who throws his weight around.
But leave it to the RWC peanut gallery to be obtuse as ever.
You're the one who equated size and physicality with fighting ability.

Seider did much better in his first career fight than a veteran fighter, Athanasiou, who's got over 15 NHL fights under his belt.
Seider is a 6'4 defenseman who plays a hard physical game.
AA is a 6'1 vegan dogged by the complaint was that he was too soft and not willing to physically engage.

Anyone surprised that Seider handled himself well against a Forsberg is a fool.

AA is a better fighter than he is a forechecker. When ever AA goes to a new team and fights, fans are like "Where the fuck did that come from?"
Pop Zeus

Pop Zeus

Bertuzzi's last 15.
11-3-14
DelHowLich

Frank Seravalli recently appeared on the podcast where he discussed Vancouver Canucks defensemen Filip Hronek and Nikita Zadorov.

"Hronek is a restricted free agent with arbitration rights this summer. Seravalli believes the 26-year-old blueliner has played an important role in the Canucks’ improvement this season. He believes management shouldn’t have any issues paying him an average annual value of $8 million on an eight-year deal.
That would exceed the $7.85 million annually being earned by Quinn Hughes through 2026-27. However, he doubted that the Canucks captain would be upset that Hronek would make $150K more than him per season, pointing out that he’ll likely get $14 million annually on his next contract.
Seravalli believes paying Hronek $8 million per season for eight years won’t hurt the Canucks cap down the road. By 2028-29, the cap should be around $120 million to $125 million. “$8 million is nothing by that point,” he said."

Thinking the Canucks will sign Hronek to a long-term deal to avoid arbitration. I don’t think it’s a problem for them if he’s seeking around $8 million annually. They could quibble a bit over the length of the deal but it will likely come in at seven or eight years.

"Seravalli believes Zadorov’s asking price will be around $5 million annually. He said the Calgary Flames knew his number would start with a five, which made it easier for them to trade him to Vancouver earlier this year. Seravalli doesn’t think the Canucks will re-sign the 28-year-old defenseman."

I also think that the Nucks may not have the space to sign Linholm either. They will have $16M to sign 9 players after signing Hronek. I don't think they want to give Lindholm nearly $9M of that! Maybe they hang on to Myers and sign him to 2 x $3M.
There is also the less likely route of trading Hronek (RFA) and re-signing Lindholm, Myers and Zadorov.
I think Y had the foresight to trade Hronek and not have to deal with his contract as well as the Seider and Raymond contracts at the same time.
DelHowLich

Red Wings Legend Fedorov Out as CSKA Coach

https://detroithockeynow.com/2024/03/30 ... an-ilitch/

If the Detroit Red Wings were to be looking to make a change to their coaching staff for next season, a very intriguing name is suddenly available.
EuroMan

Anyone noticed that Zadina has more goals than Copp this season so far? And the same number as Rasmussen?