Wings at Nashville, 3/23/24, 5PM

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
winged wheel

Good offensive push at the end, but they couldn’t get anything going earlier in the 3rd when it was still scoreless.

Fil Zaronek

Pop Zeus wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:18 pm
Fil Zaronek wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:49 pm
Pop Zeus wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:18 pm Seider ought to win that tilt easy. 6'4 vs 6'1.
Tie Domi and Mike Tyson are 5'10"
You telling me you thought Forsberg should have won that fight against a guy 3-4 inches taller? A defenseman who throws 200 hits a year?
I never said or implied that but you said he "should have won it easy 6'4" vs 6'1". Height is only one of many attributes that can provide an advantage in a fight. Some of the others are much more significant. Kocur was only 6'0"

The Wings were good through the first 2 but the Preds dominated the 3rd
Pop Zeus

winged wheel wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:37 pm Good offensive push at the end, but they couldn’t get anything going earlier in the 3rd when it was still scoreless.
image.png
image.png (66.99 KiB) Viewed 128 times
dcz28

Pop Zeus wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:27 pm
JimIsJustPlainOld wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:26 pm Forsberg scores the 1st goal of the game with 5 minutes left. Guess he had to save face for getting his butt kicked earlier.
He didn't do badly at all.
Didn't look like Forsberg landed anything at all and Mo was missing too until he switched to the left and got Forsberg with 4 or 5 good ones including an uppercut.

I assume this was Seider's first hockey fight ever so he didn't do too bad. I do think if Forsberg doesn't drop his gloves, Seider never would have either and it would have been just another scrum.

You said the big guy should win easy but i doubt Ras would win many fights even against much smaller guys. Big doesn't mean someone can fight and small doesn't mean they should get their ass kicked. I would put my money on 5'3 former UFC flyweight champ Demetrious Johnson against a lot of bigger non pro fighting guys in a street fight or in the cage. I've seen plenty of videos on youtube of street fighters coming into MMA or boxing gyms and calling out smaller/old guys and getting their asses handed to them because they don't have the knowledge, training or experience to actually handle someone who knows how to really fight.
Pop Zeus

dcz28 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:33 pm
JimIsJustPlainOld wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:26 pm Forsberg scores the 1st goal of the game with 5 minutes left. Guess he had to save face for getting his butt kicked earlier.
Didn't look like Forsberg landed anything at all and Mo was missing too until he switched to the left and got Forsberg with 4 or 5 good ones including an uppercut.

I assume this was Seider's first hockey fight ever so he didn't do too bad. I do think if Forsberg doesn't drop his gloves, Seider never would have either and it would have been just another scrum.

You said the big guy should win easy but i doubt Ras would win many fights even against much smaller guys. Big doesn't mean someone can fight and small doesn't mean they should get their ass kicked. I would put my money on 5'3 former UFC flyweight champ Demetrious Johnson against a lot of bigger non pro fighting guys in a street fight or in the cage. I've seen plenty of videos on youtube of street fighters coming into MMA or boxing gyms and calling out smaller/old guys and getting their asses handed to them because they don't have the knowledge, training or experience to actually handle someone who knows how to really fight.
I think that Ras would beat Forsberg pretty easy.
Fil Zaronek

It was indeed Seider's first hockey fight at any level
dcz28

Pop Zeus wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:16 am

I think that Ras would beat Forsberg pretty easy.
Might be more even than you think. Both have had 3 NHL fights and both have lost all of them. Ras fought tougher fighters but he lost all his fights pretty badly too.
EuroMan

Another HORRIBLE game by Debrincat, when will our coach get the balls to bench him for the game. Or at least drop him to the 3rd line. I mean he's embarrassingly bad this month.
Zattaman

EuroMan wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:14 pm Another HORRIBLE game by Debrincat, when will our coach get the balls to bench him for the game. Or at least drop him to the 3rd line. I mean he's embarrassingly bad this month.
Did you watch the game or just the recap? Because Cat was dangerous and looked fine to me. I like his game a lot more than Kane's, who can be careless with the puck.

If you bench him, who's going to play? Marshmallow Berggren?
DelHowLich

EuroMan wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:14 pm Another HORRIBLE game by Debrincat, when will our coach get the balls to bench him for the game. Or at least drop him to the 3rd line. I mean he's embarrassingly bad this month.
I seen him out w/ different linemates in that game, not for long tho.