GDT: Columbus at Detroit

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
winged wheel

Pulled those two points out of their ass. Big game against the Islanders on Thursday.

JimIsJustPlainOld

Pop Zeus wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:34 pm Seider with a massive illegal pick leads to Kane goal in OT
So what. Makes no difference now. With that, if the Wings would've played the whole game like they did in the 2nd and the last of the 3rd, they would have had the 2 pts in the bag without OT.
winged wheel

It's not Seider's responsibility to get out of Gaudreau's way and he didn't make a move to interfere with him.
DelHowLich

winged wheel wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:52 pm It's not Seider's responsibility to get out of Gaudreau's way and he didn't make a move to interfere with him.
He just tied up his stick! Big deal! It happens 100 times a game and on every FO! :lol:
Zattaman

Gaudreau got slapped with a 10 min misconduct after the game for crying about "Seider's interference."
kmac

I decided to watch this game at the new sports bar that just opened in town. First, it was a struggle just to get them to put the game on one of the tvs...Christ, how can it be so difficult to get a sports bar in North East Ohio to turn on a Goddam BlueJackets game? Then I was distracted because it turned out that one of the servers there used to be a stripper that I knew from back when I was frequenting the local nudie bar more regularly, so her and me caught up on old times...and that first period wasn't anything that encouraged me to watch the game anyway. I thought the Wings came back pretty strong, though and I thought that Reimer, despite being a little shaky at times, made enough opportune saves to keep the Wings in it. I don't think Lyon would have won this game. On the OT winner, I didn't catch the play Seider made, it wasn't super obvious to me until I saw the replay, soo....but anyway, this game seemed to me to be the Wings season in a microcosm...moments of total suckitude surrounded by moments of competence, with even some brief moments of inspired play thrown in.
Slapper

kmac wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:25 am I decided to watch this game at the new sports bar that just opened in town. First, it was a struggle just to get them to put the game on one of the tvs...Christ, how can it be so difficult to get a sports bar in North East Ohio to turn on a Goddam BlueJackets game? Then I was distracted because it turned out that one of the servers there used to be a stripper that I knew from back when I was frequenting the local nudie bar more regularly, so her and me caught up on old times...and that first period wasn't anything that encouraged me to watch the game anyway. I thought the Wings came back pretty strong, though and I thought that Reimer, despite being a little shaky at times, made enough opportune saves to keep the Wings in it. I don't think Lyon would have won this game. On the OT winner, I didn't catch the play Seider made, it wasn't super obvious to me until I saw the replay, soo....but anyway, this game seemed to me to be the Wings season in a microcosm...moments of total suckitude surrounded by moments of competence, with even some brief moments of inspired play thrown in.
You had 100% of my attention at the beginning of your post. You lost me when you started talking hockey. I have to know, what was said as you and the stripper caught up on old times? Did you reminisce about the time you put a $20 instead of $1 in her g-string, or maybe that one night in the VIP room when she let you do rails off her ass? I’m dying to know how that conversation went
Chuckitso

How did Ed look?
Stevie_Wings

Chuckitso wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:36 am How did Ed look?
I thought he looked pretty good, seemed more poised with the pack, nice breakout passes; he's got some finesse in his game in comparison to Seider who's more of a sandpaper type of player.
He was definitely better than some of the other guys on the team, it'd be a shame if they sent him down in order to play Petry.
Zattaman

Stevie_Wings wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:55 am
Chuckitso wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:36 am How did Ed look?
I thought he looked pretty good, seemed more poised with the pack, nice breakout passes; he's got some finesse in his game in comparison to Seider who's more of a sandpaper type of player.
He was definitely better than some of the other guys on the team, it'd be a shame if they sent him down in order to play Petry.
Agreed.

Better defender than Gostisbehere, not only because of positioning, but because he takes up so much space with his long stick and size.

He was strong along the boards, got a bit of PK time, and made a nice long breakaway pass to one of the forwards.