Lalonde couldn't get any juice from Kostin

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
Pop Zeus

How much of that is Lalonde's fault?

Zattaman

SJ put him on the PP. That's on Tanguay.
Duke

Eh, I’m not going to pile on Lalonde for a little hot streak from Kostin. This could simply be a “change of scenery” boost. I was excited when Kostin was brought in as I thought he was exactly what the bottom six needed, but he didn’t meet my expectations consistently enough to be upset that he’s gone. Cat scored like gangbusters for us when he first arrived and has been pedestrian since. I foresee the same for Kostin in SJ. Good luck to him though trying to prove that stance incorrect.
Pop Zeus

Duke wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:36 pm Eh, I’m not going to pile on Lalonde for a little hot streak from Kostin. This could simply be a “change of scenery” boost. I was excited when Kostin was brought in as I thought he was exactly what the bottom six needed, but he didn’t meet my expectations consistently enough to be upset that he’s gone. Cat scored like gangbusters for us when he first arrived and has been pedestrian since. I foresee the same for Kostin in SJ. Good luck to him though trying to prove that stance incorrect.
He rarely played here.
His defensive game isn't good enough to be a 8 minute a night guy
Barbrady

No more hiring balds. Never works out.