Trade Deadline

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
DelHowLich

Pop Zeus wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:39 am Johan Berggren - 23 years old - is not going to get a stud defenseman.
Exactly who said that he would fetch a stud D???? Never said 1 for 1.....and it is Jonatan. :roll:

Pop Zeus

DelHowLich wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:28 pm
Pop Zeus wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:39 am Johan Berggren - 23 years old - is not going to get a stud defenseman.
Exactly who said that he would fetch a stud D???? Never said 1 for 1.....and it is Jonatan. :roll:
The going as is 1) Top prospect 2) First 3) Player.
If said player is a salary dump, it might cost more.

What your offering is an older, tier B prospect and a salary dump.

So think more like Edvinsson + Pick + Chiarot. Or Kasper or Danielson instead.

And then get ready to pay $8M+ for Hanifin to keep him.
Zattaman

Berggren + Holl + 4th for Gudas.
holytoledo

I feel like going out and getting Troy Stecher for a 4th or 5th would be an upgrade. Maybe make it a 2nd plus Holl.
DelHowLich

Pop Zeus wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:51 pm
DelHowLich wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:28 pm
The going as is 1) Top prospect 2) First 3) Player.
If said player is a salary dump, it might cost more.

What your offering is an older, tier B prospect and a salary dump.

So think more like Edvinsson + Pick + Chiarot. Or Kasper or Danielson instead.

And then get ready to pay $8M+ for Hanifin to keep him.
Didn't Say Hannafin in this latest discussion either.....
cska91

Berggren looks to be a legitimate top 6 winger. I really wouldn't want the Wings to trade him for a D they could have signed in free agency.

Besides, there's scuttlebutt that the Wings are trying to move one of their own defensemen... Gostisbehere and Holl are the names being mentioned... can't find the link right now. Gostisbehere should bring back something significant, at least a 2nd round pick. I would not be surprised if Yzerman is looking beyond the playoff push, and is assessing now whom will try to keep and using the trade deadline to move on from those who are not in his long-term plans.

Edvinsson and Berggren may be players ready to step in for veterans getting traded for assets, as Yzerman continues to stock the cupboard, and not trade bait at all.
"It doesn't mean shit."
Andrew Copp
Slapper

cska91 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:44 am Berggren looks to be a legitimate top 6 winger. I really wouldn't want the Wings to trade him for a D they could have signed in free agency.

Besides, there's scuttlebutt that the Wings are trying to move one of their own defensemen... Gostisbehere and Holl are the names being mentioned... can't find the link right now. Gostisbehere should bring back something significant, at least a 2nd round pick. I would not be surprised if Yzerman is looking beyond the playoff push, and is assessing now whom will try to keep and using the trade deadline to move on from those who are not in his long-term plans.

Edvinsson and Berggren may be players ready to step in for veterans getting traded for assets, as Yzerman continues to stock the cupboard, and not trade bait at all.
Just read per Emily Kaplin that Wings are looking to trade Holl.

I don’t see them moving Gostisbehere or Peron at the deadline.
DocBrown

They aren't going to trade Holl just like they didn't trade Vrana. They are going to pay someone to take him. If there are any takers. He barely played this year. Perhaps this above all else was Ys worst move in the pro player market. No one liked it when it happened and the told you so time is upon us.
1.21 gigawatts! 1.21 gigawatts. Great Scott!
DelHowLich

According to ESPN's Emily Kaplan, the Detroit Red Wings are proactively seeking trade opportunities for defensemen Justin Holl and Shayne Gostisbehere as the NHL trade deadline looms.

Holl (retain 1/2) and Ghost (extended 3 x $5M) and a 2025 1st for Rasmus Andersson! :D

or for Adam Larsson!

give e a minute and I'll think of another Swede!
DelHowLich

Peron (1/2 retained) for Foegle and a 3rd.

or
Peron (1/2 retained) and Reimer for Foegle, Campbell (1/2 retained) 2024 1st, and a '26 2nd