Tough News for Jared McIsaac

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
Pop Zeus

The good news? Maybe the delayed hockey season means he won't miss so much time.

jaster

Tough break for the kid. Between last season and this season, that's a lot of missed development time. I've been lower on him as a prospect than most people, and this puts a further damper on his future.

I think he's waiver-exempt for two more season after this next one. Hopefully he gets and stays healthy, because he's probably going to need every minute of that time in GR.
Zattaman

That's not good. He's 20 and has already had 2 major shoulder surgeries.

29 games played between 2019-21 seasons.

Once he's healthy, he'll play a full season in the AHL. Soooo, maybe we'll see him in Detroit in 2022-23??
thanson

Man, this kid just can't catch a break.
jaster

Zattaman wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:32 pm That's not good. He's 20 and has already had 2 major shoulder surgeries.

29 games played between 2019-21 seasons.

Once he's healthy, he'll play a full season in the AHL. Soooo, maybe we'll see him in Detroit in 2022-23??
I can see him getting a cup of coffee at the end of that season if all goes right. But my guess is we don't see him fighting for a roster spot until camp before the 2023-24, with his waiver-exempt status freshly expired.

Anytime I've watched McIsaac in the past couple years he too often looks defensively lost. And that's at the junior level. I think the kid had a ways to go in developing his game in his own end (since that's where he'll be making his cheese if he makes it) in juniors, and now he's going to have to transition to the pros and work on that after two injury-dominated seasons. I think it's going to be a bit ugly for him for a while after he gets back, and at this point I have to greatly reduce his chances of making it as a regular NHLer at all.