Off Topic - But Not Politics

Non hockey talk
holytoledo

JimIsJustPlainOld wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:49 pm Time to toot my own horn. Letting you all know I just moved up another year. Today, I turn 76. Some how, I don't feel any older than 75. But there are days when you just wish you could stay in bed. I guess when you've been living on one kidney for 23 yrs, no gall bladder, 4 hernia surgeries, open heart surgery because of Hypertrophic Cardiomyapathy, Atrial Fibrillation, Type 2 Diabetes, and who knows what else is around the corner, you get to complain sometimes. But, things could be worse. Lots of other folks in this country and world who have it much worse than me. I guess the Good Lord is watching over me somewhat. Plus, I have a fantastic wife of 54 yrs, 3 sons, 3 grandsons that make everything worthwhile. Now, on to 77.
Happy Birthday Jim! Here’s to you sticking around for the next 4 Stanley Cups the Wings win!

Fil Zaronek

JimIsJustPlainOld wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:49 pm Time to toot my own horn. Letting you all know I just moved up another year. Today, I turn 76. Some how, I don't feel any older than 75. But there are days when you just wish you could stay in bed. I guess when you've been living on one kidney for 23 yrs, no gall bladder, 4 hernia surgeries, open heart surgery because of Hypertrophic Cardiomyapathy, Atrial Fibrillation, Type 2 Diabetes, and who knows what else is around the corner, you get to complain sometimes. But, things could be worse. Lots of other folks in this country and world who have it much worse than me. I guess the Good Lord is watching over me somewhat. Plus, I have a fantastic wife of 54 yrs, 3 sons, 3 grandsons that make everything worthwhile. Now, on to 77.
Happy Birthday
DelHowLich

holytoledo wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:27 pm
Happy Birthday Jim! Here’s to you sticking around for the next 4 Stanley Cups the Wings win!
I believe he has been alive for 8 Cups. :lol:
Happy B-day Jim!
holytoledo

DelHowLich wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:16 am
holytoledo wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:27 pm
I believe he has been alive for 8 Cups. :lol:
Happy B-day Jim!
Yeah, I was referring to our most recent - now ancient history - run.
CoconutBackwards

Happy belated Birthday, Jim.

Glad to see you're still making it onto the board.
Throughout history, every old man said the same thing about the younger generation. And old men die, and the world keeps spinnin'.
-Barbrady
Pop Zeus

Happy Birthday Jim
wyrrlen

Wow, happy birthday Jim! Look at all the things you beat out so far to hit 76. Just 3 more hernia surgeries until I catch you. ;-)
MDWingsFan

Happy Birthday Jim! Here's to many, many more!
Wizard of Corsica

JimIsJustPlainOld wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:40 pm
Wizard of Corsica wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 11:11 am Oh, and I'm also right now going to jog to the downtown branch of Chicago Public Library to pick up a book about the making of Caddyshack. Written by Chris Nashataway.

I will follow up with my review.
Hey, Wiz. You want to read a really good Making Of book? See if you can get The Making Of Slap Shot. Can't recall who wrote it, but it is very good. At least I thought so.
Thanks for the recommendation Jim, I will put it on hold. I love love Paul Newman and especially George Roy Hill. The Sting, Slap Shot and Butch Cassidy are ALL TIME GREAT movies.

Many, many happy returns as well mon frere!
DocBrown

1.21 gigawatts! 1.21 gigawatts. Great Scott!