What do you give up for Mark Schiefele?

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
Pop Zeus

blueadams wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 11:48 am
Pop Zeus wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:56 am Easy on the slurs dog
Then let me ignore your faggot ass
I'm not doing anything other than posting.
I'm the admin.
If that bothers you - leave.

Go back to HFboards and censor all the folks you disagree with.

puckstopper92

I love Scheifele, and he's been one of my favorites in the league for a while. That being said, this past year was the exception, not the rule when it comes to goal totals. He usually sits at about a point per game since he broke out in 2015. But he's 30 years old. Yzerman has done a really good job dodging big contacts for declining players since he got here. And although Scheifele would instantly come in and be one of the two best forwards on the team, he's just too old to fit the timeline. So it's a pass for me too. It's not about the cost to acquire him as much as it is the issue you run into 3-4 years down the road when guys like Seider, Edvinsson, Kasper, Raymond, etc. should be getting substantial raises.

The other problem with Scheifele is that he isn't good enough to put the Wings over the top. The Wings wouldn't win the cup with Scheifele here next year, or likely the next year. And at that point, he's declining as he enters his mid 30s. If this was a player like Nikita Kucherov (minus the injury risk), then you consider it even if they're the same age. But Scheifele isn't good enough to tie up that much money.
blueadams

Pop Zeus wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 12:30 pm
blueadams wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 11:48 am
Pop Zeus wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:56 am Easy on the slurs dog
Then let me ignore your faggot ass
I'm not doing anything other than posting.
I'm the admin.
If that bothers you - leave.

Go back to HFboards and censor all the folks you disagree with.
Fuck you faggot. Let me ignore your stupid ass.