Zadina

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
holytoledo

DocBrown wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:58 am He's easily the physically weakest player on the team and is not capable of winning any puck battles. Fester is gonna need better crutch words than responsible and consistent when he scratches Zadina because he's all that while being ineffectual.
If there’s a guy weaker than Zadina on the roster, it might just be Vrana. Hard to really say because the footage of Vrana engaging in any kind of a physical battle doesn’t exist.

If Vrana is gonna get put into the lineup I’d probably sit Sundqvist. With Erne & Smith gone and Ras more effective on the wing we really can’t put out a protypical 4th line anyway.

Bert - Larkin - Raymond
Kubalik - Copp - Vrana
Berggren - Veleno - Perron
Zadina - Suter - Rasmussen

Perron has like 2 goals in his last 20 or so games though. He would be a good candidate to take out of the lineup as well. Would love to see him get moved actually.

It Vrana is gonna play on the 4th line with Ras & Sunny then he might as well sit.

DelHowLich

holytoledo wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:01 pm
DocBrown wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:58 am He's easily the physically weakest player on the team and is not capable of winning any puck battles. Fester is gonna need better crutch words than responsible and consistent when he scratches Zadina because he's all that while being ineffectual.
If there’s a guy weaker than Zadina on the roster, it might just be Vrana. Hard to really say because the footage of Vrana engaging in any kind of a physical battle doesn’t exist.

If Vrana is gonna get put into the lineup I’d probably sit Sundqvist. With Erne & Smith gone and Ras more effective on the wing we really can’t put out a protypical 4th line anyway.

Bert - Larkin - Raymond
Kubalik - Copp - Vrana
Berggren - Veleno - Perron
Zadina - Suter - Rasmussen

Perron has like 2 goals in his last 20 or so games though. He would be a good candidate to take out of the lineup as well. Would love to see him get moved actually.

It Vrana is gonna play on the 4th line with Ras & Sunny then he might as well sit.
Yeah! Move Peron to the Leafs to be with his buddy Ryan! Kerfoot and Robertson and a 6th for Peron + Ned (1/2 salary)
_sg_

Can't find it now, but there was some analytics stuff posted the other day suggesting Zadina's underlying stats have been pretty good since coming back. Wonder if it stays that way.

Would it be possible to accept Zadina's a pretty good player with no closing ability?
Machine

_sg_ wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:40 pm Can't find it now, but there was some analytics stuff posted the other day suggesting Zadina's underlying stats have been pretty good since coming back. Wonder if it stays that way.

Would it be possible to accept Zadina's a pretty good player with no closing ability?
Yeah I can see that
He was drafted as a goal scorer but that hasn’t translated well in the NHL at least not yet
And I’m not holding my breath for it to happen
Pop Zeus

_sg_ wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:40 pm Can't find it now, but there was some analytics stuff posted the other day suggesting Zadina's underlying stats have been pretty good since coming back. Wonder if it stays that way.

I just don't see evidence of it.
There line was positive last game.

But are you going to keep a smallish, slowish winger because he has a good CF?
Nah.
DelHowLich

Zadina is 6' 189 lbs....not small.
Konstantinov was only 5' 11" and 176 lbs
DocBrown

He plays way small. Lacks strength which is puzzling since he is supposedly a hard worker and you can get that in the weight room. He gets stapled against the boards. Don't see NHL skills beyond being a decent passer. Even at $1.8M Y is going to have trouble moving that.
1.21 gigawatts! 1.21 gigawatts. Great Scott!
Resmo112

DelHowLich wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:42 pm Zadina is 6' 189 lbs....not small.
Konstantinov was only 5' 11" and 176 lbs
not sure where you got that number, he was listed at 190-195lbs, even then, it's a very different game.
DocBrown

I should add he may still be working through his injury whatever that was (we weren't told other than being lower body) and he's still weak. I hope that's the case.
1.21 gigawatts! 1.21 gigawatts. Great Scott!
Resmo112

DocBrown wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:27 pm I should add he may still be working through his injury whatever that was (we weren't told other than being lower body) and he's still weak. I hope that's the case.
he's got a goal and an assist in his last 4 and has made some good plays. People just like to hate on him cause we could've had Quinn Hughes, which.....the wings wanted to take and should've, but Ken Holland, that is all