2022 NHL Entry Draft

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
holytoledo

Re: 2022 NHL Entry Draft

Post by holytoledo »

Resmo112 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:58 am
holytoledo wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:45 pm
Resmo112 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:06 am I'm really thinking Nazar will be the pick. been watching his highlights, we'll see but kid has some skill
With his Michigan story he would definitely be the Holland pick.
yeah, probably. Just looked at those rankings, surprised they have him ranked 16th.
Seems like people either like Kasper or Nazar. If one of them is high they tend to have the other low.

Resmo112

Post by Resmo112 »

holytoledo wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:37 pm

yeah, probably. Just looked at those rankings, surprised they have him ranked 16th.
Seems like people either like Kasper or Nazar. If one of them is high they tend to have the other low.
I would be happy with both, Kasper is a solid 2nd line center going forward, he's already playing against men, he's a big kid. Nazar has a higher ceiling, if he doesn't hit that ceiling he's probably a bust because he's small, but he's not tiny, he's 5'10/11 and 180lbs so he's got some bulk to his small frame, and i know its a different game now, but yzerman, Vladdy, among other great players have been that size, fuck Brayden Point, didn't he fall because he's little? and if we got a brayden point out of this (which people have compared him to at least stylistically) then hell at 8 that pumps the rebuild up a ton.
holytoledo

Post by holytoledo »

Resmo112 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:27 pm

I would be happy with both, Kasper is a solid 2nd line center going forward, he's already playing against men, he's a big kid. Nazar has a higher ceiling, if he doesn't hit that ceiling he's probably a bust because he's small, but he's not tiny, he's 5'10/11 and 180lbs so he's got some bulk to his small frame, and i know its a different game now, but yzerman, Vladdy, among other great players have been that size, fuck Brayden Point, didn't he fall because he's little? and if we got a brayden point out of this (which people have compared him to at least stylistically) then hell at 8 that pumps the rebuild up a ton.
I’d be thrilled to get Gauthier. If we don’t get him the I think it’s any of Kasper, Nazar, Savoie, Jurov, Kemell, Lekkermaki or a Steve Yzerman special. I’m really good with any of the first 3. None of the rest thrill me right now, but neither did Seider or Raymond, so what the fuck do I know? Probably more than Tyler Wright, definitely less than Stevie. Stevie should turn the picks over to the board for the 2nd and 3rd rounds though - we seem to outperform him there.
Pop Zeus

Post by Pop Zeus »

So...
Blackbook dropped and so did my hope for Lambert, Geekie and even Gauthier and Nazar to a degree,

The guys I'm looking at more closely now are:
Kasper - maybe. I fucking hate the "could be a center one day" canard, but I like a lot of his scouting report. Feels like a Jere Lehtinen type.
Trikozov - Seems to have elite skill and sense. How can you go wrong?
Kulich - Also seems like a pro-Yzerplan type.

These last two seem like reaches at 8 - but who cares?
Resmo112

Post by Resmo112 »

holytoledo wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:05 pm
Resmo112 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:27 pm

I’d be thrilled to get Gauthier. If we don’t get him the I think it’s any of Kasper, Nazar, Savoie, Jurov, Kemell, Lekkermaki or a Steve Yzerman special. I’m really good with any of the first 3. None of the rest thrill me right now, but neither did Seider or Raymond, so what the fuck do I know? Probably more than Tyler Wright, definitely less than Stevie. Stevie should turn the picks over to the board for the 2nd and 3rd rounds though - we seem to outperform him there.

It'd be great if he hits it out of the park here.
_sg_

Post by _sg_ »

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/6 ... ean-loukus

I'm sure the lack of attention this guy's getting is warranted, but he's at least interesting, especially from a local POV.

- lead MI HS in scoring in 20-21. I'm not sure what scouts are visiting Calumet, maybe none?
- Decent statline on a subpar Saginaw team this year. See also his +/- compared to team: https://www.eliteprospects.com/team/877 ... ?tab=stats actually kind of comical. Not a bad season for going 301st overall in the OHL draft.

Not sure what his plans for next year are
wyrrlen

Post by wyrrlen »

I feel just a small bit of satisfaction that many of the draft rankings are beginning to reflect my feelings on Conor Geekie. I would like to see us go with Kasper, Lekkerimaki, or Savoie which matches the Black Book rankings for 7, 8, and 9. I guess I still suspect that Stevie will make a pick that surprises me in this spot. Maybe that's Gauthier, maybe it's Kemell, or maybe some odd winger like Snuggerud.
Resmo112

Post by Resmo112 »

I've been sold on both.
hiramnicak

Post by hiramnicak »

Why is everyone mocking Jonathan Lekkerimäki to us all of the sudden? I like Lekkerimäki well enough (11th on my list), but there are so many players I have ahead of him....

YEAR.MOBLOGGER (BLOG)NO.1-3 (HIGHEST)MISC
2022.06Staff (NHL.com)(mock) DET 8: Jonathan Lekkerimäki
2022.06Dylan Travers (Emerald City Hockey)(mock) DET 8: Jonathan Lekkerimäki
2022.06Daniella Bruce (Detroit Red Wings)(mock) DET 8: Jonathan Lekkerimäki
2022.06Jeff Svoboda (NHL.com)(mock) DET 8: Jonathan Lekkerimäki
This reminds me of a couple years ago when I wasn't too high on Lucas Raymond (12th on my list), but everyone and their dog was mocking him to us, and then the Red Wings selected him, and then I realized I really liked the kid, and then he stepped into the NHL and established himself as a top six guy his rookie season.

*edit: I've been reviewing the Black Book, then re-visiting my notes and re-watching some shifts videos, and I'm coming around to Lekkerimäki. I think he's going to land ahead of Kasper on my final ranking, well inside my top eight. I can see the upside of guys like Kemell, Savoie, Nazar, and Ostlund being potentially higher, but Lekkerimäki is ahead of them in development, and I think his skills are generally more translatable today. I find it ironic that whenever I go on a tirade against a player, I revisit them and inevitably end up moving them up (see: Edvinsson, Kasper, Miroshnichenko, and now Lekkerimäki).
Last edited by hiramnicak on Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Resmo112

Post by Resmo112 »

hiramnicak wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:33 am Why is everyone mocking Jonathan Lekkerimäki to us all of the sudden? I like Lekkerimäki well enough (11th on my list), but there are so many players I have ahead of him....

YEAR.MOBLOGGER (BLOG)NO.1-3 (HIGHEST)MISC
2022.06Staff (NHL.com)(mock) DET 8: Jonathan Lekkerimäki
2022.06Dylan Travers (Emerald City Hockey)(mock) DET 8: Jonathan Lekkerimäki
2022.06Daniella Bruce (Detroit Red Wings)(mock) DET 8: Jonathan Lekkerimäki
2022.06Jeff Svoboda (NHL.com)(mock) DET 8: Jonathan Lekkerimäki
This reminds me of a couple years ago when I wasn't too high on Lucas Raymond (12th on my list), but everyone and their dog was mocking him to us, and then the Red Wings selected him, and then I realized I really liked the kid, and then he stepped into the NHL and established himself as a top six guy his rookie season.
Me: Take BPA, never pass on talent
Also Me: This kid is a right wing! We need a center!

My only concern with this kid, is he Frk, or is he Patrick Laine a legit goal scorer? If Yzerman picks him I'll just blindly support it until I have no other choice :lol: