2022 NHL Playoffs Thread

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
Wizard of Corsica

Oh, with the 'T' word again. I love soccer hell yeah. Liverpool has been my club since the Spice Boy days.

Wizard of Corsica

Cracking start to the Rangers game. I hope someone's picking Guentzel to score. Crosby on the on ice for a goal against, but generates the turnover that leads to the tying goal.
Wizard of Corsica

O'Connor beats Igor, but hits the cross bar. The kid is a little rattled, delicious. Great to see Michael J. Fox, he's been laying low anecdotally. I was a little worried about his health.
Wizard of Corsica

It's an epidemic of goalie diving.

JimIsJustPlainOld

Announcers seemed to think that Shesterkin kind of stuck his leg out to make contact and draw a penalty.
_sg_

Wizard of Corsica wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 7:56 am It's an epidemic of goalie diving.

Things gettin pretty crazy with the goalies lately.

Lots of diving, but some "whoops that was unavoidable, i swear" by skaters also

Lots of goalies legitimately out with injury

An ebug moving playoff seeding around
CoconutBackwards

Pop Zeus wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 2:34 pm
Wizard of Corsica wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 2:05 pm
Pop Zeus wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 1:42 pm

Diving is never a great thing for hockey.
It's an embarrassment. It's the one thing I didn't like about Hasek.

I’m sorry your boyfriend got a penalty, but I think hockey will be okay. Gamesmanship is timeless.
Gamesmanship.
Have fun watching soccer, you twat.
No one wants to hear you running your mouth about soccer.
Throughout history, every old man said the same thing about the younger generation. And old men die, and the world keeps spinnin'.
-Barbrady
dcz28

JimIsJustPlainOld wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:52 am Announcers seemed to think that Shesterkin kind of stuck his leg out to make contact and draw a penalty.
Actually he did stick his leg out. You can't see it well from that angle but on the broadcast they showed an angle from the other side and you see him stick his leg out at the last second. From that angle in this video i thought it was a legit penalty but from the other angle you see that either no penalty should have been called or both the goalie and Carter should have...either way there should not have been a powerplay for this. Game was pretty much over at this point anyways so it didn't matter much but the goalie made sure there was contact there.

I'm all for protecting goalies but in cases like this where the goalies put themselves in situations where they try to draw a penalty or create interference (especially out of the crease) then fuck them if they get injured.
Wizard of Corsica

dcz28 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 12:10 pm
JimIsJustPlainOld wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:52 am Announcers seemed to think that Shesterkin kind of stuck his leg out to make contact and draw a penalty.
Actually he did stick his leg out. You can't see it well from that angle but on the broadcast they showed an angle from the other side and you see him stick his leg out at the last second. From that angle in this video i thought it was a legit penalty but from the other angle you see that either no penalty should have been called or both the goalie and Carter should have...either way there should not have been a powerplay for this. Game was pretty much over at this point anyways so it didn't matter much but the goalie made sure there was contact there.

I'm all for protecting goalies but in cases like this where the goalies put themselves in situations where they try to draw a penalty or create interference (especially out of the crease) then fuck them if they get injured.
For what it's worth, supposedly he was subjected to a legitimate slewfoot attempt in the first period, I missed it if so.

Also, the Rangers are missing Sammy Blais thanks to a slewfooting by PK Subban.

I definitely want as much of that garbage, and knee on knee shit, out of the game as possible. It's a bad look though.

God help the officials trying to parse that stuff at the speed these guys are playing.
Wizard of Corsica

Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, hell of a start to the Bruins v. Hurricanes tilt, Bergeron just got his face carved open by Sebastian Aho, and Twitter is abuzz because Marchand went there:

And then the piece of garbage scores to give Boston a 3-2 lead on the PP. Early second period.