Red Wings Prospect News & Highlights

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
Fil Zaronek

Re: Red Wings Prospect News & Highlights

Post by Fil Zaronek »

Murmansk16A wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:20 am Emily Pankow
. . . it appears that ESPN+ quietly added the SHL playoff games available stateside going forward. This is an opportunity for some to catch the Wings prospects in action. #LGRW
They often post youtube links to SHL games that Wings' propspects play in on HF. I have watched some of some of the games but I don't think I ever watched one in it's entirety. The broadcast production is excellent but it isn't as entertaining when you don't understand them. They can be funny when animated though. Even though I didn't understand them it was obvious that the Rogle announcers loved Seider last year.
Will be nice to watch them in English

Wizard of Corsica

Post by Wizard of Corsica »

Pop Zeus wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:26 pm Seider is 10th in the league among defenseman in PP minutes and 19th overall in overall minutes. He's gonna get points in that role.

But even in Detroit, he's 2nd in 5 on 5 points to Hronek
Hronek 1210 2-22-24 (28th)
Seider 1256 1-19-20 (46th)

You put a defenseman out there in situations where he's gonna get touches on pucks, and he's gonna get points.

Leaders on goals at 5 on 5
Makar 12
Hedman, Faulk, Matheson, 11
Ekblad 10
Josi, Gost 9
Skjei, Deangelo, Orlov, Montour, Boqvyist, Soucy 8
on and on.
Seider 1
On the other hand look at some of the teams those guys play on. Give Seider some shifts in Florida's or Colorado's rotation, let's see what the goal tally looks like.
holytoledo

Post by holytoledo »

Thoughts on Lekkermaki?

Dude has some Datsyukian dekes in his arsenal, the accuracy of his shot and his quick release remind me of Vrana and although he’s not big he’s not afraid to play physical and doesn’t shy away from the dirty areas. He mostly plays on the wing, but has played some C and is really dangerous on the PP. I was really high on him earlier, but as he’s been projected to be a winger more, my interest has dropped. I think he’s got a reasonable shot at playing C and in the 9-11 range, I think I’d be happy with the pick. If he’s not a C I think he’s still a top 6 winger that can put up 30+ goals. I like him more than Lambert, mostly because I don’t like the questions about Lambert’s work ethic.

Warming up to Geekie as well, but still really concerned about his skating. Seems to be more skilled than his brother though and his brother has found his way despite the same skating concerns.
Fil Zaronek

Post by Fil Zaronek »

DocBrown

Post by DocBrown »

Imagine that size as a net squatter....Bishop and Koskinen. Both just one inch shorter. Bishop retired now.
1.21 gigawatts! 1.21 gigawatts. Great Scott!
Pop Zeus

Post by Pop Zeus »

Johansson wins it
Murmansk16A

Post by Murmansk16A »

IcehockeyGifs
@IcehockeyG
William Wallinder has been named Sweden's Junior [U20] Player of the Year🏅

"William is a highly talented defender, a good skater who likes to join in the offensive game."

Among previous winners are Rasmus Dahlin, Victor Hedman & Niklas Kronwall. #LGRW
_sg_

Post by _sg_ »

is lidstrom paying this guy under the table?

hiramnicak

Post by hiramnicak »

i'm a firm believer in the eye test over fancy stats, but as someone on the record as saying i like prospect edvinsson more than prospect seider, it's nice to see data that doesn't tear me apart.

Wizard of Corsica

Post by Wizard of Corsica »

hiramnicak wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:36 am i'm a firm believer in the eye test over fancy stats, but as someone on the record as saying i like prospect edvinsson more than prospect seider, it's nice to see data that doesn't tear me apart.

The eye test also is huge to me. The main reason I was excited from the jump was his complete domination of the prospect tournament, then watched a lot of his AHL stint.

Haven’t got the chance to see much of Ed outside a tiny bit of WJC and SHL highlights.

It’s hard to believe the Wings could score 2 guys like that in 3 years from a shitty draft slot, but they actually did, holy crap.