GDT: Chicago at Detroit 7:30 p.m. 1/26/22

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
CoconutBackwards

It was a pick six.

That loser Leddy threw a pick six.

Throughout history, every old man said the same thing about the younger generation. And old men die, and the world keeps spinnin'.
-Barbrady
JimIsJustPlainOld

CoconutBackwards wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:37 am I was at this game last night.

What an absolute shit show the Red Wings are.

I want Lebda (Leddy)'s HEAD for that pass to a Blackhawks forward six feet in front of our net.

Tons of Blackhawks fans showed for this game. I'm gonna make more of an effort to go to games where more fans of the other team show up, because the atmosphere is SO much better than just an arena of the same team's fans.
What about the 4th Chicago goal where Fabbri is skating into the Hawk zone looking pretty strong, then Hronek cuts directly in front of him separating Fabbri from the puck and Chicago comes right down the ice and makes it 4-0. It was like Hronek knew what he was doing.
CoconutBackwards

JimIsJustPlainOld wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:45 am

I want Lebda (Leddy)'s HEAD for that pass to a Blackhawks forward six feet in front of our net.

Tons of Blackhawks fans showed for this game. I'm gonna make more of an effort to go to games where more fans of the other team show up, because the atmosphere is SO much better than just an arena of the same team's fans.
What about the 4th Chicago goal where Fabbri is skating into the Hawk zone looking pretty strong, then Hronek cuts directly in front of him separating Fabbri from the puck and Chicago comes right down the ice and makes it 4-0. It was like Hronek knew what he was doing.
That whole first period was BRUTAL.

It's pretty shocking the Blackhawks scored eight goals and none of the goals came from Toews, or Kane. Pretty shocking to me, anyway.
Throughout history, every old man said the same thing about the younger generation. And old men die, and the world keeps spinnin'.
-Barbrady
Resmo112

CoconutBackwards wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:25 am
JimIsJustPlainOld wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:45 am

That whole first period was BRUTAL.

It's pretty shocking the Blackhawks scored eight goals and none of the goals came from Toews, or Kane. Pretty shocking to me, anyway.
to be fair, Toews hasn't been much the last 2 seasons.
Wizard of Corsica

CoconutBackwards wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:40 am It was a pick six.

That loser Leddy threw a pick six.

A blind one at that.
Pop Zeus

Leddy is shit.
But does the guy he's passing to have some responsibility to go middle instead of wide?
Wizard of Corsica

Pop Zeus wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:13 am Leddy is shit.
But does the guy he's passing to have some responsibility to go middle instead of wide?
He was so casual and deliberate it seemed like he was following a design. But even if a Red Wing was there to receive the pass in that spot, they could expect to be under duress.

I know hockey has gotten lot more sophisticated but a pass like that is still dumb a lot of the time.

I think the Wings got a goal off a similar gaffe, but I don't have the stomach to review the tape.