Raymond slowing down

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
Pop Zeus

Raymond slowing down

Post by Pop Zeus »

Lucky Lucas Raymond's luck is running out.
But seriously, his production is falling.

First 24 games
24 games 10-12-22 +3
7-10-17 at ES.
56 shots
17:11 game

Last 17 games
1-10-11 -2
1-7-8 at ES
25 shots

Doesn't include tonight where Raymond was finally shooting the puck again (5 shots, 21:37 TOI) but ultimately had no points.

I don;t think the Namestnikov-Larkin-Raymond line has been very good.
Yeah, they had success in a gainst the Sabres, yes, Larkin had that one goal where he went coast-to-coast.
But I don't think Raymond/Namestnikov play hard enough on the wall. Larkin does. But if he's on the wall, they he can't be making things happen as much.

Putting Bertuzzi seems to have rejuvenated Fabbri to some degree. And maybe Suter a bit - though he was already trending up.

Maybe they should throw Rasmussen or Erne up on L1 instead of Namestnikov for a few games.

dcz28

Re: Raymond slowing down

Post by dcz28 »

Bertuzzi brings a lot to any line he plays on. No surprise the Larkin line doesn't look as good without him.

Also wouldn't surprise if Raymond hits a wall in the 2nd half of the season. It happens to a lot of Euro players in their 1st season in the NHL. They are not use to how much of a grind an 82 game NHL season can be. I also think like Datsyuk and Zetterberg, Raymond will have to put on 15 pounds or so of muscle in the off-season to be harder to knock off the puck and better handle the physical play.

I don't think Ras belongs anywhere near the top line. He's big but doesn't use his size, isn't physical (often knocked down by smaller players) and doesn't have the hands or brain to be a top line player. Erne despite not being as productive this season might be worth a try.
DocBrown

Post by DocBrown »

If Y is fortunate he can get a late round pick in exchange for Lucky Luc. Obviously lacking in talent offset with luck, he reminds me of Jack Hughes who the Devil's should have dealt last year. Lacking in production, we all know how Jack is turning out at the ripe age of 20. So unfortunate.
1.21 gigawatts! 1.21 gigawatts. Great Scott!
Zattaman

Post by Zattaman »

When is Vrana coming back?

If Guelph line stays together, Vrana should immediately have an impact on Larkin's line. If I recall correctly, there was some chemistry between Vrana and another Euro, Zadina. So, hopefully, this will also apply to Raymond.
Pop Zeus

Post by Pop Zeus »

I don't remember chemistry with anyone as much as I remember Vrana shooting a lot and scoring a lot.
Averaged almost 3 shots per game. Scored on 25 percent of his shots.
Pop Zeus

Post by Pop Zeus »

7 games
1 point at 5 on 5 for Lucky Luc
Pop Zeus

Post by Pop Zeus »

Seems like Bertuzzi changing lines revitalized Fabbri/Suter.
Hurt Larkin/Raymond