Look who’s getting a tryout with the Grifs

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
User avatar
Zattaman
Posts: 552
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:38 pm
Has thanked: 45 times
Been thanked: 161 times

Re: Look who’s getting a tryout with the Grifs

Post by Zattaman »

I guess things didn't work out in the Swiss league?


Machine
Posts: 370
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:02 pm
Has thanked: 564 times
Been thanked: 68 times

Re: Look who’s getting a tryout with the Grifs

Post by Machine »

He won the championship over there last year maybe missed home
dcz28
Posts: 490
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:21 pm
Has thanked: 56 times
Been thanked: 158 times

Re: Look who’s getting a tryout with the Grifs

Post by dcz28 »

Machine wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:13 pm He won the championship over there last year maybe missed home
In the presser he said he got injured at the WC and is just now ready to start playing again. GR is likely just conditioning to get back to game speed so he can find somewhere to play.
Fil Zaronek
Posts: 595
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:42 am
Has thanked: 184 times
Been thanked: 196 times

Re: Look who’s getting a tryout with the Grifs

Post by Fil Zaronek »

Abby was fine as a 4th line PKer. We don’t like him because Babcock and Blashill often utilized him in the top 6.
I haven’t seen enough of them to say for certain but I think I would prefer a young Abby over Rowney or Stephens in a 4th line PK role.
Resmo112
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:39 am
Has thanked: 45 times
Been thanked: 37 times

Re: Look who’s getting a tryout with the Grifs

Post by Resmo112 »

Fil Zaronek wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:34 pm Abby was fine as a 4th line PKer. We don’t like him because Babcock and Blashill often utilized him in the top 6.
I haven’t seen enough of them to say for certain but I think I would prefer a young Abby over Rowney or Stephens in a 4th line PK role.
Yzerman did say he can have someone provide the same for cheaper, so that wasn't a complaint about his play, it was about his pay. Wings fans hate Glendening for the same reason, overpaid and used in the top 6. I don't hate abs, but he was gifted that contract by "pulling the piano" for Pavel
holytoledo
Posts: 1394
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:04 pm
Has thanked: 563 times
Been thanked: 391 times

Re: Look who’s getting a tryout with the Grifs

Post by holytoledo »

Good for Abby. He’s still passionate about the game and just wants to play. Nothing wrong with a guy that doesn’t need the money doing it for the love of the game. He’s a real pro and will set a great example for our kids in GR.
attica
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:08 am
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 27 times

Re: Look who’s getting a tryout with the Grifs

Post by attica »

its a setup for the draisatl trade. we got what you need kenny. you know you want him.
Pop Zeus
Posts: 2482
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:35 pm
Has thanked: 354 times
Been thanked: 546 times

Re: Look who’s getting a tryout with the Grifs

Post by Pop Zeus »

Resmo112 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:59 pm
Fil Zaronek wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:34 pm Abby was fine as a 4th line PKer. We don’t like him because Babcock and Blashill often utilized him in the top 6.
I haven’t seen enough of them to say for certain but I think I would prefer a young Abby over Rowney or Stephens in a 4th line PK role.
Yzerman did say he can have someone provide the same for cheaper, so that wasn't a complaint about his play, it was about his pay. Wings fans hate Glendening for the same reason, overpaid and used in the top 6. I don't hate abs, but he was gifted that contract by "pulling the piano" for Pavel
Glendening at $1.8M wasn't bad.
Abdelkader at $4.25 and Helm at $3.9 were awful.
Fil Zaronek
Posts: 595
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:42 am
Has thanked: 184 times
Been thanked: 196 times

Re: Look who’s getting a tryout with the Grifs

Post by Fil Zaronek »

Resmo112 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:59 pm
Fil Zaronek wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:34 pm Abby was fine as a 4th line PKer. We don’t like him because Babcock and Blashill often utilized him in the top 6.
I haven’t seen enough of them to say for certain but I think I would prefer a young Abby over Rowney or Stephens in a 4th line PK role.
Yzerman did say he can have someone provide the same for cheaper, so that wasn't a complaint about his play, it was about his pay. Wings fans hate Glendening for the same reason, overpaid and used in the top 6. I don't hate abs, but he was gifted that contract by "pulling the piano" for Pavel
I think Wings fans grew to like Glendening for the most part
Wizard of Corsica
Posts: 784
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:26 am
Has thanked: 221 times
Been thanked: 255 times

Re: Look who’s getting a tryout with the Grifs

Post by Wizard of Corsica »

dcz28 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:08 pm
Machine wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:13 pm He won the championship over there last year maybe missed home
In the presser he said he got injured at the WC and is just now ready to start playing again. GR is likely just conditioning to get back to game speed so he can find somewhere to play.

His leg was pretty mangled at the WC, I can’t believe he’s still at it.
Post Reply